new mod suggestion

civfanatic14

Chieftain
I'd suggest a mod that is set during the cold war times - a mixture of the Cold War scenario of Rise of Nation: Thrones and Patriots and the World At War mod of Civ 4: BtS.

Story

This is a mod that tells the story of the Cold War. The scenario will start at the beginning of 1945 and end in the middle of 1991. Like the World at War mod, it would either have a free play where you could play and change the course of history, accurate mode and semi-accurate mode. Much like the WaW and Desert Scenario, it will be littered with messages, explained below. There are of course, different starting points: Europe, USA and Africa 1945, Asia and Middle East 1945, Asia and Middle East 1953, Europe, USA and Africa 1957, Asia and the Middle East 1960, Europe, USA and Africa 1960, Europe, USA and Africa 1974 and Asia and the Middle East 1974

Civilizations - Leaders

USSR - Josef Stalin if you start in 1945, Nikita Kruschev if you start in 1957, Leonid Brezhnev (later Mikhail Gorbachev, then Boris Yeltsin) if you start in 1974
USA - Roosevelt (later Truman) if you start in 1945, Dwight D. Eisenhower if you start in 1957, John F. Kennedy (later Lyndon Johnson) if you start in 1960, Richard Nixon (later Ford, then Carter and Reagan) if you start in 1974
Cuba - Fidel Castro (only available in Europe, USA and Africa 1960 or if you reach 1960 in the earlier mods)
Argentina - Che Guevara (only available in Europe and USA 1974 or if you reach 1974 in the earlier mods)
UK - Churchill (then Atlee) if you start in 1945, Harold Wilson if you start in 1960, Margaret Thatcher if you start in 1974 (yea, chronologically inaccurate as she came to power '79)
China - Mao Zedong if you start in 1945, Hua Gofeng if you start in 1974 (again, historically inaccurate as he came into power in '76)
Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh if you start in 1945 - country spilts into 2 from 1960 so therefore only South is available - Ngo Dinh Diem from 1960 or 1974 (either one is OK)
Iran - Ayatollah Khemoni (only available in 1974 start)
Iraq - Saddam Hussein (again as Iran)
Egypt - Anwar El-Sadat (same as Iran)
Germany - Theodore Heuss if you start in 1945, Heinrich Lubke if you start in 1957, Walter Scheel if you start in 1974
All the others: Burma, Albania, France, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Poland, Ireland, Romania, Czechoslovakia (splits into 2 near the end of the scenario), India, Indonesia, etc. are minor civilizations.

Events

Hitler commits suicide
Yalta Conference
War with Korea
Cuban Revolution
War with Vietnam
Soviets invade Afghanistan
Soviets invade Czechoslovakia
Soviets invade Hungary
Iron Curtain speech
United Nations established
WWII ends
Soviet Union established
Berlin Wall built
Launch of Nuclear Missile
Doomsday Clock established
NASA space race begins
USSR win space race
USA win space race
Civil War in China
Tiannmen Protests
SALT treaty signed
MAD, NUTS or SDI established
NATO founded
Warsaw Pact founded
Berlin Wall falls
Revolution in Eastern Europe
(Either side) wins, Gulf War begins...
SEATO formed
Truman Doctrine
Cuban Missile Crisis
Assassination of Kennedy
U2 plane shot down
Partial Ban Test Treaty signed
Moon Landing
USSR dissolves
Warsaw Pact dissolves
Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty signed
Vietnam War ends
Korean War ends
Olympic Games
Drug conspiracy foiled
FBI and CIA dissolves
USA collapses
UK collapses
NATO dissolves
Libyan Invasion of Chad
Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty signed
German Reunification
Potsdam Conference
KGB formed

Units are probably the same as always plus ICBMs
Technology slightly altered to fit the Cold War theme (a bit like the Desert War where some technologies cant be researched but require an event to trigger it like one of the events above or the construction of an item)

Civics

Government

Fascist
Democracy
Communism

Economy

Laissez Fair
Chicago School
State Property
Capitalism
Glasnost & Perestroika

Military

Chemical/Biological Warfare
Nuclear Weapons
Military Tradition (guns and artillery and stuff)

Doctrines

Truman - available to USA
Eisenhower - available to USA
Kennedy - available to USA
Johnson - available to USA
Brehznev - available to USSR
Nixon - available to USA
Carter - available to USA
Reagan - available to USA
Sinatra - available to USSR

Victory Conditions

Conquest Victory
Diplomatic Victory
Space Victory (minor victory available if you start in 1957)
Time Victory
Domination Victory

World Wonders

Apollo Program
SDI
Internet
Berlin Wall
Central Intelligence Agency
MI5
Iron Curtain
Manhattan Project

Hope this was helpful, you can come up with resources and terrain and improvements and what happens when this event is triggered, etc. This is just a suggestion so you may improve it or write comments about it.

i could help, ill get the map, and the xml down but i dnt knw how to do big modding yet, such as making new civs techs etc. so if anybody wants to help me please, i wanna get started on this as soon as possible!

I would like to see a mod where in the future animals start getting their own civilizations, so u would have like animal civs.
Monkeys!!
Giraff people, Dog people, Cat people, Lizard people, Bear people, Frogmen, Shark people, Birds!

Lol well thats my only request for now. Thnks Alot!

I would like to see a mod where in the future animals start getting their own civilizations, so u would have like animal civs.
Monkeys!!
Giraff people, Dog people, Cat people, Lizard people, Bear people, Frogmen, Shark people, Birds!

Lol well thats my only request for now. Thnks Alot!
I have another idea similar to this one. How about the following?

Let's say we have a game with a few planets (3-5), all with their own civilized species (either 1 or several per planet). As a result of the Space Race, your civ can reach another planet & attempt to settle there, or you may be receiving colonists from another planet.

And due to the fact that there is no super specific standard for how alien civs may be like, they may be like anthro animals based on Earth's species. They could also be like your typical stereotyped mass media aliens, or who knows what else...

But, there are games that already make something similar to this, being Spore the best example so far.

I have another idea similar to this one. How about the following?

Let's say we have a game with a few planets (3-5), all with their own sivilized species (either 1 or several per planet). As a result of the Space Race, your civ can reach another planet & attempt to settle there, or you may be receiving colonists from another planet.

And due to the fact that there is no super specific standard for how alien civs may be like, they may be like anthro animals based on Earth's species. They could also be like your typical stereotyped mass media aliens, or who knows what else...

But, there are games that already make something similar to this, being Spore the best example so far.

Wow cool idea. The idea i had, was based from Dragon Ball Z. Speaking of DBZ....... Now that would be another mod id like to see, DBZ campaign. There would only be like 10 cities on one planet, several planets (10+), but a good 30 Leaders and 20+ Civs (Red Ribbon Army, and Capsule Corp a civ.) Most of the Technologies would be Fighting Techniques, and Attack moves. Instead of Religions, you would have Fighting Schools (Roshi, North Kai, Kame etc... if you were to put in corps, the only main one is Capsule Corp, and that might aswell be a Civ. The way to win the game is to collect all dragon balls, destroy every one, destroy dragon balls, defeat all other fighting schools with one fighting school,or all namekians are destroyed (thus destroying the dragon balls, on the planet they were on). As for the units, each civ gets 1 hero, 2 sub-heroes and rest are soldiers and tanks, and large and small monsters, and race based warriors.

pretty basic version of Civ 4, but the characters would be way more advanced.

Top Bottom