New NESes, ideas, development, etc

wish some one would host a warcraft based NES. it would be awesome ..

yeah .. anything along those lines ...

there could be the usual rock-paper-scissors stratagem of orcs beat humans beat nightelves beat undeads.

Ofc, undead would have to be the NPC's or must be hugely nerfed down, else resurrection would cause havoc ...

yeah .. anything along those lines ...

there could be the usual rock-paper-scissors stratagem of orcs beat humans beat nightelves beat undeads.

Ofc, undead would have to be the NPC's or must be hugely nerfed down, else resurrection would cause havoc ...

I might look into it, I was interested in seeing a City state type NES come up, but I'll check it out; I'm not hugely familiar with Warcraft, though it sounds somewhat interesting I think.

Not sure if this has been posted already, or how completely accurate it is, but i found this map resource that could be useful for people doing historical starts.

Not sure if this has been posted already, or how completely accurate it is, but i found this map resource that could be useful for people doing historical starts.

Nice link SouthernKing, definitely a good one. I'm going to bookmark that for later usage perhaps now.

Any interest in a Feudal Kingdom NES, with Houses great and small vying for power in a Kingdom suddenly bereft of its King?

Secure alliances with marriages, gold, hostage children; levy a thousand troops and maintain an 8-turn long siege before being hit in the rear by the besieged's newfound allies; winter campaigns?!

Any interest in a Feudal Kingdom NES, with Houses great and small vying for power in a Kingdom suddenly bereft of its King?

Secure alliances with marriages, gold, hostage children; levy a thousand troops and maintain an 8-turn long siege before being hit in the rear by the besieged's newfound allies; winter campaigns?!

Game of Thrones; the NES. Sounds good to me. :)

I know someone made a Westoros map a while ago and posted it here. NES-quality map.

Anyway, I was more referring to this ol thing.

More about SparkNES:

The NES would take place about a century and a half after the reign of Gilgamesh Wulfenbach and Agatha Heterodyne, which abruptly ends after an attack on their palace by forces led by the demoniacal Other, who had been residing within Agatha for many years. As a consequence of this, the Wulfenbach Empire falls into chaos, allowing Sparks to have free rein.

The NES runs along what would be the equivalent to the Second Industrial Revolution. Mass-production has yet to be developed as such, although factories have been created. Oil is starting to be found in some parts of Europe, and some Spark chemists have developed something similar. Weaponry is more sophisticated. Clanks are faster and more powerful. Science is much better among the common folks. That, of course, is not an impediment for Sparks to make the craziest things they can develop.

Stories would be important to show the character development of a family, as well as to create powerful artifacts when a Spark's spark is initiated.

Some important things:
- Population needs Food to survive every year.
- Wood and Stone are used mainly in the construction of buildings.
- Army units can be divided in three kinds: Human, Clank and Mixed.
* Human is normal infantry and cavalry. They count as part of the population, so they need food. They will also require Gold (to pay for their salaries) and, in certain circumstances, Metal (bullets, swords...)
* Clanks are units made of metal, with internal mechanisms that make them move. Depending on their "intelligence", they might need to be built by a Spark. They require Metal to be built, and Metal and Fuel to work.
* Mixed are units with human-controlled Clanks. For example, a mecha or a tank.
- Ships are initially made of wood and have a tripulation, so they will need Wood to be built, and Food, Metal and Gold to work. When things evolution, Metal will be used for construction.
- Airships need Fuel and a tripulation to move around.
- The game will initially be restricted to Europe.
- Diplomacy will be important, because you cannot take over Europe on your own. You can make allies, force others to become your vassals... Take advantage of that charisma!
- The Americas are inaccessible for some unknown reason. The only known thing is that any that tries to cross the Atlantic (some point past the Azores) never comes back.
- The British Islands were submerged after a Spark's experiment went awry, but they are protected by a special bubble. The Queen of England is an immortal being that leads her nation and makes sure no Sparks go rogue within there (so no luck there, gents)
- Most of Africa is completely unknown, as the efforts to explore the Dark Continent have been stymied by the chaos provoked by Sparks in Europe, as well as the existence of Sparks in Africa.
- There is trade with Asia thanks to land connections (the Silk Route) but the nations there are quite mysterious.

@ MIlarqui, sound very interesting ...

i would have love to have some time where the fights are only humans, progressing to mixed, and then fully formed clanks . i.e. AI based robots ...

also, some more importance to finance / administration would be nice as well :)

just 2 cents from a newb

@ MIlarqui, sound very interesting ...

i would have love to have some time where the fights are only humans, progressing to mixed, and then fully formed clanks . i.e. AI based robots ...

also, some more importance to finance / administration would be nice as well :)

just 2 cents from a newb

I guess that you are not that familiar with the Girl Genius comic in which my NES is based. In there, clanks are not only being built with a steam age technology, but many times some of those clanks do already have the equivalent to an A.I., so it makes sense to have units of the three kinds. Of course, then there are the Constructs, which are built living beings that behave like normal ones. I am trying to make something like GG, but more evolved and with more advanced technology.

What do you suggest for the finances and administration? I am trying to make this as easy to mod as possible...

More about SparkNES:

The NES would take place about a century and a half after the reign of Gilgamesh Wulfenbach and Agatha Heterodyne, which abruptly ends after an attack on their palace by forces led by the demoniacal Other, who had been residing within Agatha for many years. As a consequence of this, the Wulfenbach Empire falls into chaos, allowing Sparks to have free rein.

The NES runs along what would be the equivalent to the Second Industrial Revolution. Mass-production has yet to be developed as such, although factories have been created. Oil is starting to be found in some parts of Europe, and some Spark chemists have developed something similar. Weaponry is more sophisticated. Clanks are faster and more powerful. Science is much better among the common folks. That, of course, is not an impediment for Sparks to make the craziest things they can develop.

Stories would be important to show the character development of a family, as well as to create powerful artifacts when a Spark's spark is initiated.

Some important things:
- Population needs Food to survive every year.
- Wood and Stone are used mainly in the construction of buildings.
- Army units can be divided in three kinds: Human, Clank and Mixed.
* Human is normal infantry and cavalry. They count as part of the population, so they need food. They will also require Gold (to pay for their salaries) and, in certain circumstances, Metal (bullets, swords...)
* Clanks are units made of metal, with internal mechanisms that make them move. Depending on their "intelligence", they might need to be built by a Spark. They require Metal to be built, and Metal and Fuel to work.
* Mixed are units with human-controlled Clanks. For example, a mecha or a tank.
- Ships are initially made of wood and have a tripulation, so they will need Wood to be built, and Food, Metal and Gold to work. When things evolution, Metal will be used for construction.
- Airships need Fuel and a tripulation to move around.
- The game will initially be restricted to Europe.
- Diplomacy will be important, because you cannot take over Europe on your own. You can make allies, force others to become your vassals... Take advantage of that charisma!
- The Americas are inaccessible for some unknown reason. The only known thing is that any that tries to cross the Atlantic (some point past the Azores) never comes back.
- The British Islands were submerged after a Spark's experiment went awry, but they are protected by a special bubble. The Queen of England is an immortal being that leads her nation and makes sure no Sparks go rogue within there (so no luck there, gents)
- Most of Africa is completely unknown, as the efforts to explore the Dark Continent have been stymied by the chaos provoked by Sparks in Europe, as well as the existence of Sparks in Africa.
- There is trade with Asia thanks to land connections (the Silk Route) but the nations there are quite mysterious.
Aww, no luck for Tarvek/Agatha? ;)

Does anyone know of any simple but effective trade models that have been used in a NES? I'm hoping for something that's fairly automated (not too much mod work), but not something full of complex equations either. I've been thinking maybe taking look at all the domestic economies of the nations trading to each other, and then just giving a fraction of the total pot to each nation as "trade" but I'm not entirely sure how to go about that or if there is a better way to do it.

Top Bottom