New pitboss

The registration password provided by Caledorn is not for the game, but for a specific use on the site civstats.com.

If you make an account on civstats.com using a username and password and email address that you choose, you can then visit the page Caledorn linked. Once you are logged in it will say at the top:

"Are you playing in this game? Register your leader!"

You can click on that link and select your leader - this is where you use the password that Caledorn posted. This way you can receive email notifications from civstats.com when it becomes a new turn. This will help you very much to not miss a turn.

Thanks, Cal! And have luck and most of all - have fun everyone! Let the game begin!

I forgot to mention. The initial turn timer, for the first turn only, is set to 72 hours. Subsequent turns are set to 24 hours.

Det
registered my civ but still unclaimed?

You have to log in to the actual game too. Civstats is just to receive emails with notifications of when the turn flips.

When you log in and claim your civ it is a good idea to set a password. The password is mostly to avoid any other players accidentally logging in to your civ due to potential misclicks etc, so it does not need to be a complicated password at all. But make it a personal password that only you know, obviously.

And I guess I'm number 2 to take their turn.

Good luck to all the players in this game!

Just to make sure, I have to claim Washington, yes?

You know, for Unrestricted Leaders allegedly being the standard for Pitboss that site sure does a bad job of properly depicting it. :huh:

Yes, claim on civstats by leader.
Claim in game by nation (it shows your leader as well before you hit OK)

... If there was any way to actually access my turn that would be great.

Can't connect to game? Can't get logged in once you do? Lost your civ disk?

I neither have the turn nor any idea how or where to play it. I have clicked on pretty much everything on that website, don't see anything in my inbox and also don't see the turn attached on any post in this thread.

You choose the direct ip connection then copy and paste "caledorn.no-ip.org:2060" and put that to the network address and connect. That worked for me.

You choose the direct ip connection then copy and paste "caledorn.no-ip.org:2060" and put that to the network address and connect. That worked for me.

Yup, you got it.

The turn file is never sent around. Game is hosted on the server at all times, and we are all playing roughly simultaneously.

The civstats site is just to track who has played the current turn, who hasn't, time remaining, etc. And it emails you when a new turn is up. Since it lets you see who has played and who hasn't, that is how you keep track of turn split once you get in a war with someone.

So to re-iterate.
Launch Civ4BTS
Pick Multiplayer
Pick Direct IP
put your forum name in the "name" box
Ignore the whole "host game" side of the box.
On the Join Game side
Put "caledorn.no-ip.org:2060" in the network address box
leave the password blank
Hit connect.

List of civs will come up
Pick yours by nation (verify the correct leader pops up)
Hit OK
SET A PASSWORD (later you'll just enter this same password)
Play your turn
Hit end turn (when you do, this information gets handed off to the Civstats website, and puts a star by your name until the turn flips.)
Exit to main menu (please don't pick "exit to desktop", that sometimes causes the server to lock up...)

If you are the last player to play the turn, when you hit "end turn" the server will advance the turn while you are logged in. You can play your next turn immediately (don't do this during a war..). Hit end turn again..
If the time runs out while you are in-game, the server will flip the turn.
If the time runs out, even if you haven't logged in, the server will flip the turn. In that case it will take any actions you had queued up for you.

Done! My first pitboss turn! :woohoo:

Thanks Elkad. :goodjob: I followed your instructions and all went smooth!

Would it be too much to ask to update post #1 with the final list of Civs, leaders and players?

OOP's. I ended up claiming my Civ as myself rather than forum name.

Not a very secret person anyway but still a very blonde moment on my part.

Exit to main menu (please don't pick "exit to desktop", that sometimes causes the server to lock up...)

Thanks for pointing that out. That's something I never would have noticed myself. Good thing it didn't lock up when I did that. :p

OOP's. I ended up claiming my Civ as myself rather than forum name.

Not a very secret person anyway but still a very blonde moment on my part.

Next time you login just change your name. Makes it easier for everyone to match your civ to your forum acct

Top Bottom