New SDK Beta (World Builder, etc.)

If you go into the SDK folder in steam, the modification dates on at least some of the files should match the modification dates of the files in the main game, reflecting changes. In my situation some of the main game files dates have been modified but the SDK is still old. You can search by date in the search box of windows explorer.

If you go into the SDK folder in steam, the modification dates on at least some of the files should match the modification dates of the files in the main game, reflecting changes. In my situation some of the main game files dates have been modified but the SDK is still old. You can search by date in the search box of windows explorer.

Oh then, there doesn't seem to be any recent change

So is the world editor ever going to allow us to edit things like religion, trade routes, or other features from the expansions? Because I have the 08/02/13 build but the editor looks largely the same as the previous version and I can't edit trade routes or religion.

I believe the password has changed? No? "worldbuilder" is not accepted anymore. Or was there a limited release?

I suppose that if a fix is needed for the hotfix, then they'll release the source after it.

Moderator Action: And sticky removed, as the beta is over

Password not working.

I've entered wbbeta8868 and "worldbuilder" and receive a "beta access code invalid" message.

see my post above your's.

i am having the old faithful problem as well, but i also have a problem where the only civs that the scenario editor will let me place are upper Egypt, lower Egypt, and Kerma. And it also only lets me have six city states, i can add more than three mains and six city states but they all just reuse the civs.

i am having the old faithful problem as well, but i also have a problem where the only civs that the scenario editor will let me place are upper Egypt, lower Egypt, and Kerma. And it also only lets me have six city states, i can add more than three mains and six city states but they all just reuse the civs.
If it were me I would start civ5, go through the unmodded game "Single Player" menu and start a completely un-modded game. I would also play for at least one turn as insurance. Then exit the game by exiting direct to desktop.

Then I would start worldbuilder and see if the Old Faithful problem is still persisting.

WorldBuilder uses the data that is within the game's database as it was (the database) the last time it was altered. So, if there's some odd mod-clash leaving unusable data in the database, starting an unmodded game ought to clear that gunk out, hopefully.

In order to get the mod-added content you want to be available in Worldbuilder, you need to go through the MODS menu, select the mods you intend to use, and then go through the process of starting a modded game (or loading up a saved-game you had been playing that was using the same list of mods, though I would tend toward starting a new game). Again, I would progress through a turn or two just as insurance, and then exit from CIV5 directly to desktop. Do not go back to MAIN MENU. Also, once you begin working on a Worldbuilder map that is relying on mod-added database content, do not as a general rule try to run CIV5 until you have completed that map because the chances of irretrievably corrupting the data within the mapsave is far too high.

You can also run into difficulties if the data used within the mapsave no longer matches with the 'realtime' state of the game's database when you try to load and use your map. Most common cause of this would be a different set of mods running, causing a re-shuffle of the assignments to the ID#s of mod-added buildings, resources, units, etc.

It is also possible to add mods directly to a scenario while in WorldBuilder, but I haven't ever tried that so don't know that works, or how it differs from the method I described on altering the info available to Worldbuilder.

Will this mean we can finaly have 3d wonders!
no, because this thread is a necro from two years ago.

Top Bottom