New to ffh2: Two Questions

Atlar

Chieftain
Hey there!

I just started to play ffh2 and couldn't figure out how to do 2 things:
-How do I upgrade a unit to war elephant? I have horseback riding, ivory, and a level 3 boar rider but there is no upgrade option... What did I miss?
-I just build the Guild of the Nine, now how do I hire those mercenaries?

Thanks in advance for any help o/

Only Elephants can be upgraded to War Elephants. Elephants cannot be built, but they can be captured (such as by a unit with the Subdue Animal promotion). To see what units a unit can upgrade to, open the Civilopedia, navigate to the Units page, and then click the unit's name in the list. The possible upgrade options for that unit will be listed on the page that opens.

To hire a mercenary, select one of your units that has not already cast a spell this turn. There will be an action button in the bottom center of the screen that will allow you to hire a mercenary. Using this action counts as casting a spell (and so each unit can only do this once per turn).

Yes. I usually hire another mercenary with my new mercenary, and go on until I run out of gold.

Ah, wow, capture animals and train them for war... this mode is crazy, I already love it :lol:
Thanks!

Trying to capture one of every animal (and build the Grand Menagerie) is a good way to waste an evening or two. I wish they were more useful for war, though, considering the effort you need to put in to capture them. Elephants are the only ones that upgrade. Where are my armoured bear riders?

Trying to capture one of every animal (and build the Grand Menagerie) is a good way to waste an evening or two. I wish they were more useful for war, though, considering the effort you need to put in to capture them. Elephants are the only ones that upgrade. Where are my armoured bear riders?

I guess, historically, elephants, other than horses, were the only animals popularly ridden in war. I imagine that the only reason Kael added wolf riders was to be a homage to J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, like many other things in this mod as I've noticed.

I guess, historically, elephants, other than horses, were the only animals popularly ridden in war. I imagine that the only reason Kael added wolf riders was to be a homage to J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, like many other things in this mod as I've noticed.

Well... this is a fantasy mod... There is also dwarves riding boards, the dark elves' tigers... uhm... Why nonoe thought about ghrypon riders?
I don't know why Kael did it, but fantasy doesn't mean Lord of the Rings. There are pre-Tolkien fantasy stuff.

Just a thought ;)

I realize that, I'm not a novice when it comes to pagan mythology, but there are some things that r obvious tributes 2 LOTR, such as the name Rhoanna. Anybody remember the Rohan from LOTR? Rohan is referenced in Rhoanna, which, when pronounced, sounds very similar to Rohanna. note also Eowyn, the female leader of the rohan. now r u telling me that that is just a coincedince?

What I'm telling you now, as earlier, is about 'wolf riders'. I quoted it...

You're right about Roahnna and Eowyn... Noone told 'FfH' is 'Tolkien free'.

I'm sorry if my english made some misunderstood.

u think i should do a thread on similarities between FFH and LOTR?

I think you can be repeating yourself where you want... Are you reading me?

Chusquero said:
Noone told 'FfH' is 'Tolkien free'.

There's also the dwarven hornguard, and the war tortoise.

Top Bottom