New to the game, looking for a couple of tweaks.

Bobbarry51

Chieftain
Just started playing this game and loving it. I have the game from the disk that was included with Civilization IV, I am not using Steam. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit 16 GB RAM. I was able to locate and install 1.01f patch. After install: Version 101, Build Version is 1.0.0.1. I do not see f which may be pertinent later. I would like to find/change a couple of things which brought me to this forum:

When the pop up of the king asking for money appears and you pay him, there is a sound (call it the kiss his ring sound) that is much louder than other sound effects in the game. Is there some way to lower the volume of that sound effect? I would not mind eliminating it all together.

I have been using Custom Scenario and the Western Hemisphere (Huge) map. I was wondering if there was a Western Hemisphere or North America map that was larger still. I am finding the one I am using to be a bit small for my taste.

In reaching this forum, I was delighted to run across a section on a We The People mod. I saw a screenshot of the Europe window and the graphics were excellent. I do find the Europe window and city window in the original game to be quite bland. I am intrigued to try the mod but was curious if there was a graphics only mod.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks for the reply. Great Map

If you want to try it out, be aware that there are 2 versions of that map.
One is static (= the colonizers all start at the same place always) and the other random (=the colonizers start at the same locations but randomly so that e.g. the russians might end up in the carribean and the dutch in south america).

Top Bottom