New Unit: Balkan Freedom Fighter(12/4/2006)

Dear lord, this has to be one of your worst units yet. Have you EVER listened to ANYONE who has REPEATEDLY told you VARIOUS DETAILS about what happens and WHAT PEOPLE SHOULD LOOK LIKE when they HOLD or FIRE a GUN? I know I seem harsh, thats because when people try to help you you either a) ignore them or b) think they are insulting you, your mom, and your dog/cat/fish/sibling/whatever. But seriously, most poser unit creators improve by leaps and bounds with every unit. You, on the otherhand, despite us trying to help, don't.

What the crap do whe have to do to make you listen?

On a lighter note, I just downloaded this unit and I have to say the fur coat looks pretty good, especially in the run animation. I too had some doubts from the preview, but overall it looks like a good unit (and certainly better than anything I could ever make!)
So thumbs up to you Sword!:goodjob:

The attack animation seems a bit static. He's just standing straight with a straight posture and shooting. :confused:

ummm, so where is the animation? Those powder pistols kick like a mule.... and why no smoke? What is up with the weird way he is holding his gun?

Goldflash is right. It is like you like making crap. You got a lot of advice. How about you try following it. This is close to being nominated as worst unit of the year.

Hmmm... "some" recoil added to the attack anim would do wonders for this -finely modeled - unit. You would do Partizanac's request alot of justice by offering an alternate attack that has a little more zing to it. :)

Goldflash its a long-pistol, its supposed to be held like that. This is a hobby for me, not work. If it starts approaching feeling like real work, than I wont' do it. There was to much punching threw the coat with the proper arm holding the gun(which couldn't be fixed), thats why I settled on the current animation.

Well thanks for making it, anyway. :)

After all I'm the winner, so I'm happy (I would still be somewhat happy even if it would look a lot worse than this) :D

The attack animation is a bit static though. :) Hope you don't mind that we say this.

SOG, I don't want to sound critical, and I am not one to usually say anything if I don't like something...That said, I think this unit has much potential with just a little more work. The overall model is great. It needs a little more recoil during the attack and the fortify animation could use a little more tweaking as well. I hope you do return to the unit and give it a little update.

I am not one to usually say anything if I don't like something...That said, I think this unit has much potential with just a little more work.
That's exactly what I think and what I do... maybe Goldflash should do the same (don't say anything if you don't like) especially if this does not change anything...
@SOG: Even if this ain't a work, it is a serious hobby, you don't have to post anything you do for your own use (at least I don't ;) ) imagine the mess if everyone posted all his half-finished mods and scenarii (hundreds of them on my HD) !!!

SOG, I appreciate the effort and it looks pretty good overall.:) Maybe revisit the attack after looking at some of the constructive criticism here.

It was very hard for me to get the attacks right on my Highway Patrolman. The shirt kept twisting up and I couldn't get his hands placed right on the shotgun. I know what you mean about not being able to get the figures and props to cooperate.

To certain other people, try to keep it nice. Almost every thread I've been to in the last 20 minutes has been quite negative, and I'm getting a little fed up. Unless you've made a unit, you don't understand the challenges of making things look good using multiple figures and props at tiny little civ-scale. Think before you post and don't drive away the few creators we have. Unless maybe we have some corporate moles in here, trying to push us away from Civ III, so we'll buy other games...

I don't like it (Nothing against you Sword) the attack animation is awful! they had shorter guns then those, and they had two of them and a sword so there should be two animations! in the first he draws two guns from hes pants and fires first then second! then he puts those guns back draws the sword and he kicks ass! can you feel the fearless energy there. Don't get me started on the other animations. I can see you are not interested in this unit, if you only saw the movies about them like I have you would understand me. I can see there is no potential in this unit so I'm giving up on you (remember we haven't insulted you, you insulted us. I was prepared to wait for this unit for months but to look like the best unit you ever made! so I will wait for Orthank to make the real version of the Hajduk).

At least Mirc got what he wanted ;)

Some of the comments are definitely unnecessarily negative. There seems to be a wave of it hitting us at the moment. As I've said elsewhere, if you don't like a unit then that is of course your prerogative, but it's more helpful to suggest improvements rather than simply say it's bad. There's a point at which criticism becomes trolling and that's when the warnings start to come out.

The unit looks pretty nice, but I do agree that it needs a bit more movement during the attack. That fur coat prop is a little awkward to pose but it can be done so that the movement looks more natural (it's the same prop that Kinboat used to make his Germanic Spearman and I'm using it for a unit even as we speak, too).

NavyDawg said:
To certain other people, try to keep it nice. Almost every thread I've been to in the last 20 minutes has been quite negative, and I'm getting a little fed up. Unless you've made a unit, you don't understand the challenges of making things look good using multiple figures and props at tiny little civ-scale. Think before you post and don't drive away the few creators we have.
I know what you mean!

I don't mean to criticize SoG's unit, I was actually trying to make a kind comment, to cheer up the thread maybe. :)

I don't like it (Nothing against you Sword) the attack animation is awful! they had shorter guns then those, and they had two of them and a sword so there should be two animations! in the first he draws two guns from hes pants and fires first then second! then he puts those guns back draws the sword and he kicks ass! can you feel the fearless energy there. Don't get me started on the other animations. I can see you are not interested in this unit, if you only saw the movies about them like I have you would understand me. I can see there is no potential in this unit so I'm giving up on you (remember we haven't insulted you, you insulted us. I was prepared to wait for this unit for months but to look like the best unit you ever made! so I will wait for Orthank to make the real version of the Hajduk).

At least Mirc got what he wanted ;)

Insulted you? I took the time to make what I thought what was what you wanted, although room for improvement, and you say I'm insulting you? Now I'm insulted.

Top Bottom