New Unit: Balkan Freedom Fighter(12/4/2006)

@Odintheking for someone who is 14 years old I have one thing to say to you: shut up! you are the last person who who can criticize! I have nothing else to say to you!

@Sword I understand you done little work and every thing but the most thing that hit me the hardest was this:

I mean you can see from here how much effort you put in to it! you haven't even bothered to make the proper civilopedia icons witch are 5 min tops!
I support the second attempt, but I just thought why didn't you post an progress thread where we could comment on the unit! (I'm not yelling on some one or insulting anyone, I'm just like that can't keep my mouth shut [or fingers :lol:])
And an input for everyone I didn't win the lottery MIRC did I'm insulted on how little effort is done on the unit that got my country free from oppressing turks!

Yeah? Well, I've got something to tell you. Bringing up my age is irrelevant. So what, I'm 14. I'm worlds more mature than you. I'm a good person. When someone does something nice for me, even if flawed, I at least thank them for their effort, and if I see the need to do so, I ask them to try something different. I don't tell them they didn't try, or that their attempt was an insult to me. That's just horrible. And don't go on the whole "you didn't try, look at this! It's easy! Do it my way!" thing. You've never even attempted a unit. You've never tried. You don't know how long it takes to make anything. I will be releasing my first Poser unit sometime next week. I know what it's like. You don't have an idea. I really don't give less of a damn if you have anything to say to me or not. I just hope in the future you are more kind and grateful to people who do things for you.

Sword, I like your unit. Forget anything overly negative certain people say. I appreciate your efforts, at least.

Don't worry Plotinus I wont post in this thread any more!

@Odintheking I have attempted to make an unit with Bryce, poser demo and DAZ studio (but I what to make human units not vehicles and poser demo can't) and it takes a lot of time but its easy as a cake, if only I had original poser you all would see how easy it is!

If only you had Poser?...If only a frog had wings...or something along that line...

Sounds typical to me...you COULD do so much better...except that you cant...lol...

Partizanac, any respect I had for you as a creator is gone...you seem more like a whiney little kid, saying "my Dad can beat up your dad"...heres a thought...get a job, get Poser, then put up or shut up...

Its funny, I wonder if Aaglo, Orthanc, Wyrm, Kinboat, and the other unit creators, all think its "easy as cake"...or maybe you just think its easy, cause youve never done it...

I am by now means the most prolific unit creator around here, nor have I ever attempted "breathing" units - but I do know from my unit-making experience, that alot (and I mean: ALOT) of time and dedication goes into making a good unit. Heck, it starts with having/making a good model. (Your models are very good BTW.) Texture maps, etc etc. Once you get that straightened out, you're not even half-way there. (Well, maybe half-way.)
Animation in itself is a form of art, and this is where most of us creators (myself included) will always be able to find room for improvement, as it is the most creative part of unit creation.

Alas, Geddon, my fellow and friend, don't get bogged down by comments that are non-constructive criticism. Luckily, there are alot of guys here that give us the feedback we need to excel and grow.

What is going on here? Guys, take it easy. No one was going ballistic over headchopperz, kingkannon, the thud and the likes of them, why do it now?

Odin, relax dude, keep moddin`, keep postin` and don`t get bothered with things like this. Its the internet! Someones tubes are probably clogged ;)

Its funny, I wonder if Aaglo, Orthanc, Wyrm, Kinboat, and the other unit creators, all think its "easy as cake"...or maybe you just think its easy, cause youve never done it...

:lol: Ha, ha-ha, HA! Easy?!? I don't think so, especially with bryce where about 50% of the difficulty is in making your own models from scratch. When you get a good library of props for poser (and pre-set objects for Bryce) built up, and, in the case of poser-based units that use essentially the same or similar animations, a good animation library going, it gets EASIER, but it still isn't all THAT easy, and making units is still extremely time-consuming.

That is why I'm not going to enter the competitions anymore: too much effort for no reward whatsoever.....

The position the arm is in looks a little strange, because it is held out to the side. I know that it can be hard to have the poser figure hold a handgun in two hands in front of the chest, but I have managed to do this before, with some difficulty. Sometimes this makes the unit's shoulder area look deformed or else body parts poke through whatever it is wearing on the chest, but if you are using the cape it might hide all that. I think it would be worth the effort to try...

I actually think the model is well done, just the position of the arm is a bit unnatural and the animation
is a bit too static. :D Please don't be disappointed with the comments, there are enough people here who appreciate your work. (like me for example :))

I suggest that if you are making a second version you should make a preview thread just to keep everyone happy. ;)

sorry if I hurt your feelings. I do not like this unit, but it is better than I can do.

These forums are far too negative lately. Even I got drawn into a fight once with Goldy and I'm not a socially aggressive person (on the battlefield is another matter). In the face of all the insanity and hopefully without any warnings for brining the stinks up...

SOG- I want to say that I think what you've done is awesome. Is the unit second rate? Compared to the full-time, hard exertions produced by makers like Wyrmshadow and other super-fanatics, yes. There are some excellent units out there by people who put all their time into it. However, compared to my units, it is awesome. You see, I don't have the time time or creativity necessary to create a unit. I can make ideas, but I can't make that. For that reason, I truly admire even the most mediocre creator, of which you are not. You are a good creator that just doesn't choose to put more into it. I want to applaud you for your desire and capability to create, and your perserverence in the face of negativity. Remember, the only person who really has to be satisified with the unit is you, and posting it here is merely making it available for those who want it. Those who don't can find their own alternatives. Good luck and good job on this and any other units you do, no matter what others think.

Top Bottom