New unit: Chinese chariot

Excellent! I love it very much.

If there is a unit of Chinese 4-horse chariot ... I need it ...

nameless53 said:
any ideas on what it will replace?

i will get it but i dont want it to replace the regular chariot because i usually dont even get horses till riders anway.... (range from city)

and i dont want it to "upgrade" right away ect...

i want this to be an unit that will eventually upgrade but i want to see it in action for a while...

any suggestion for replacement for ?-x-? and stats of the unit?

I got so excited about these new chariots that I made the following changes to my upgrade tree:

First, remove the chariot upgrade to a horseman and make them two separate upgrade chains (both upgrading to the knight, in the end).

Then, have the basic chariot as the starting chariot for all (except egypt and hittites), but at the discovery of iron, all civs get a bit better chariots. I made all chariots available at the discovery of the wheel, but some require iron whereas other don't. Here's the list of the details:

Chariot 20 1.1.2 Horses
War Chariot 20 2.1.2 Horses (Egypt)
Three-Man Char. 30 2.2.2 Horses (Hittites)
Heavy Chariot 35 3.2.2 Horses, Iron
Celtic Chariot 37 3.2.2 Horses, Iron (Celts, Scotland)
Chariot Archer 30 3.1.2 (b) Horses, Iron

Haven't added the chinese chariot yet, and some of the others are missing as well, but I'm working on it. The (b) refers to blitz, which I gave to the archer as a specialty (to make it a bit different from the others).

I think the Egypt and the Hittites may be a bit short-changed here (as their units only remain superior until someone finds iron)... Anyone got any hints on how to fix that?

well, i went forth and added it somewhere..

i excluded the chinese from having a regular chariot.
like the three-man or war... one of those... i replaced the chinese one in there.

stats are 2-1-3
requries horses and iron (so it need iron working)
upgrades to rider (as chinese it makes no difference since knights upgrades to riders too).
I was debating whether to make it 1-2-3 or 2-1-3.
then again if you have any balance suggestions please post it.

another thing, bebro i think made the firelancer?
i made it the replacement for the long bowman.

it requires saltpeter/iron
it comes after you discover gunpowder
only difference is +1 defence and AI stratigy.

sounds fair too?

i dont know if im keeping the balance or not..

Mmm... Maybe 2-2-2 is good.

For chariots, they are too heavy and cannot catch up with riders. But their capacity of defence should be better than horsemen.

If you don't like it, you may make it 1-2-3, too. :)

in the current scenario, its 2-1-3 and i wont restart for it.
i do like the suggestions but it wil only take effect in newer scenarios.
one thing... is there any other chariots that is 2-2-2? War or three-man?
i dont want to copy stats already there.
if not 1-2-3 works for me.. just that was so random off my head.
the only difference i will view the chariot is even though its fast, it still cant go through mountains.. thats when horseman and up comes in.

PS. reason speed/move is 3 is because unlike riders they have 2 horses pulling it ;)
and plus, chinese horses is SOOO MUCH stronger than all the other civs... i mean their like ROBOTS but dont require fuel... just a place to poop ;)

(yes..im joking)

Ok. :)

An idiom in Chinese "Speed is the most important in war".

96nn said:
Ok. :)

An idiom in Chinese "Speed is the most important in war".

An idiom from the American Civil War, in idiomatic English, from a Confederate general: "Get there firstest with the mostest.'" ;)

-Oz

Excellent! But there should be one more soilder ---- Archer! Like Three-man chariot of Hittites. Will u create more Chinese UU?

ozymandias said:
An idiom from the American Civil War, in idiomatic English, from a Confederate general: "Get there firstest with the mostest.'" ;)

-Oz

Ah, Nathan Bedford Forrest... and an admirable man he was. This great American military philosopher, for those of you in foreign lands who don't know him, went on to co-found a little organization called the Ku Klux Klan.

Sarcasm ;)

EDIT: Aww, now Kal-El is going to go to bed thinking I'm a racist... he's going to get all disgruntled about it and not be able to sleep, and then tomorrow he'll go into work all tired and it'll be my fault! :cry:

:joke:

Chinese 4-horse Chariots:

Ok, allow me to set this straight on the 4 horses or 3 or 5...

when bebro was making this unit, he had an thread in the creation and custom forum.
in the thread, pictures such as the second one provided by 96n was already there. The idea for bebro to make it a 3 horse or 4 was rejected (too complicated ect or whatever, didnt want to do it like that ect.. his choise, he makes them---very good too). he asked us if we settle for 2 and those replied agreed.

so basicly, no 3 horse or more on the chariots.

@Dom

at first i thought you were a racist too... :p

Yeah, nameless is right, I prefered the two horse version because four horses mean simply much more work during the animations (and if there's something I have enough, then it is work with unit anims ;)). It is not impossible to make chariots with three or four horses, though. However, it is also a size-issue - four horses would need much mor space on a civ-suare....;)

For other Chinese units I don't know at the moment, maybe when I can make more of Steph's requests (he had a long list, including some Chinese units)

BeBro,
I can remember I saw a Indian Chariot (2 horses and 2 men) in one of your threads. I just recently read about such a chariot in a book about Alexander The Great. The Indians used not only Elephant but also this light chariot.

Have you canned this project or can I hope for something on a later date ?

Cemo

Ares de Borg said:
BeBro isn't around anymore. :-(

?? -- According to his public profile, he was last on this morning ... Of course, whether he's doing units anymore is another matter entirely ...

ozymandias said:
?? -- According to his public profile, he was last on this morning ... Of course, whether he's doing units anymore is another matter entirely ...
Indeed, interesting- he is probably tied up with other things.

Top Bottom