New Unit: Teutonic Knight

W.i.n.t.e.r.s knights are very good. Hope Bebro will see it and awake them to life.:)

Winter, your knights look very cool :) they´re a good inspiration. I thought about some variations too. However, next will be the Hospitaler but I´ll need a bit since uni-life has restarted two weeks ago and I have to do some studies....;)

Originally posted by BeBro
Winter, your knights look very cool :) they´re a good inspiration. I thought about some variations too. However, next will be the Hospitaler but I´ll need a bit since uni-life has restarted two weeks ago and I have to do some studies....;)
:yeah: the Hospitaler! When do you think it can be complete?

Are these wonderful conversations of BeBros Teutonic Knight going to be made ? They'd fit perfectly into the Middle Ages Scenario in C3C.

@ BeBro : What programs do You use to create such beautiful units ? I'd like to create some medieval units but I don't know how.

los_krachos, I use a render package called Cinema 4D :)

UPDATE

The updated version of this unit can now be downloaded from the first post of this thread.

Changes:

- new death anim
- minor changes on other anims
- all anims re-rendered with improved anti-alias, which simply results in higher quality

I´ll also update the hospitaler using the same method soon.

Here´s a preview of the new death (an updated victory preview is in the first post) - as always anims are faster in game.

Attachments

• teuknight1_death.gif
    teuknight1_death.gif
    66.8 KB · Views: 404
Originally posted by BeBro
The updated version of this unit can now be downloaded from the first post of this thread.
Downloaded and tested, and it looks really good!!! :goodjob:
Same high quality rendering technique as your recent armoured vehicles?
Looking forward to the hospitaler (AND to the Falklands scenario)!!! :D

I did the textures to make the variations w.i.n.t.e.r. suggested. I could make them soon and release them as a unit pack, as mentioned earlier. Bear in mind that the basic anims willbe similar to the teutonic knight or hospitaler. I make some changes here and there so that they´ll not be totally the same.

They are made after medieval king´s heraldry - the red has lionhearts three lions, the yellow the German Imperial eagle and the blue the French fleur de lis. Maybe I throw one or two "generic" knights in, one similar to those on the pic below, but with a more general usable heraldry, and another one in late medieval style in plate armour (including horse armor)

Should I make them? I think it would be fun to do so, but are more knights needed? Anyway, here´s the preview :)

Attachments

• knights.jpg
    knights.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 228
To be honest I dont think we need more Knighs, not that they dont look good, infact they look wonderfull! Ofcause if you are just going to copy the animations anyway then it wouldn't really take away other possible units that you could have made in the meantime? Sorry if I sound strange im not 100% clear in my mind right now:crazyeye:

Shut up Yoda ;)
I certainly need more knights. Actually I'd prefer more unusual ones ie. with axe or hammer instead of lance... not exactly historically correct but useful for fantasy mods ;) But any will do as I have 5 knightly orders right now + normal knights that should be different for each faction.

I could include AttackB anims with axe etc, at least for some of them. If you do not need the lance at all, simply remove it from the ini, and specify the attackB as A then....;)

Ok I'll shut up.

Bah you didn't thought it would be that easy did you?
I will swift side and say they should be made, afterall someone always find a use for them anyway.

I think we need three types of med cav:
Light Mid Cav: Without armor 3/2/3 cost 60
Heavy lance cav (most comum) 3/4/2 cost 80
Heavy Assalt cav (sword or axe) 4/3/2 cost 90

In case, if you do this yellow german knight, for Germany will be:
Teutonic Knight: 5/3/2 cost 100
"German Knight" 3/4/2 cost 80
Light cav (?): 3/2/3 cost 60

Hospitalars and Templars will still being maded by Wonder...

Sweet. My vote (for what it's worth) is for MORE knights, not less. Different weapons would also certainly be welcomed.

These previews are excellent. Can't wait to run these guys around.

All numbers i put is just an idea...
I use all game combat stats multiply by 4, what gives me "space" to work diferences between units...

Teutonic Knight: 18/12/2 cost 100
"German Knight" 10/16/2 cost 80
Light cav (?): 12/8/3 cost 60

Top Bottom