New Unit: UH-34 Choctaw helicopter 29/08/04

Cool heli. This type was btw built during the 60ies under license in the UK as Westland Wessex, equipped with one or two turbo engines IIRC, and widely used (still in use during the Falkland war in the Royal Navy), also exported.

unscratchedfoot said:
The chopper doesn't appear to be armed. ;)

Sheesh! Am I the only one here who's seen Full Metal Jacket? Besides, my great uncle was a gunner on one of these things during the Vietnam war. He provided fire support during rescue missions. Even though he doesn't talk about his experiences during the war very much, he did tell me once about how he could hear the bullets ricocheting off the back of his armored chair when they were coming in to medevac soldiers and marines. He also said, "Of course, all that did was give me a fix on their position when I started shooting back." :D

Yes, like Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump, my family has fought in nearly every major war America has been involved in (but the people in my family have for the most part been lucky/smart enough not to get killed).

Very good Sgt. ripptide,

if you will do another break, I am waiting for my M3 Bradley (euro camo) :D

The Euro-camo Bradley most be a good one, then of course
who will not wait for Ripptides version of the Jap early fighter A5M "Claude" to proceed the mighty Zero,
and the G3M "Nell" upgrade to the very famous Mitsubishi G4M "Betty" bomber.

Hoping they will come dropping in....

Cemo

Top Bottom