[BTS] News: BOTM 117 Results and Congratulations

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
BtS BOTM 117 Congratulations and Results:

Thanks for playing, discussing and submitting.

Of ten submissions, only 50% were victorious. Three losses, two retirements (plus others not submitted); and five winners.

Congratulations to bcool :goodjob: for meeting my challenge to win without declaring war.
Gratitude to kcd_swede :cool: and Xcalibrator :crazyeye: for attempting the map maker's peace challenge.
Spoiler :
Did I miss any others?

@Xcal - you forgot to submit your incomplete game :mischief:. Thanks for posting in spoilers.

Kudos to all those going for the unofficial Space gauntlet: Rusten, bcool, nocho, kcd_swede.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Rusten: 1450 AD Spaceship Victory, 389,268 points.

neilmeister: 1430 AD Conquest Victory, 258,057 points.

nocho: 1705 AD Spaceship Victory, 211,641 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Zhary: 1926 AD Domination Victory, 63,029 points.

Other Award Winners:

bcool: 1790 AD Spaceship Victory, 96,201 points.

kcd_swede: 1923 AD Spaceship Loss, 2,379 points.

donsig: 1580 AD Conquest Loss, 1,336 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

End of BtS BOTM 117 results.
Spoiler Sorry I'm Late :
:shifty:
Where are my priorities?
I made time to finish 6otm01 but not to post these results!
:nono:

OMG that space win! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: ....and cow to boot!

edit:

Went back to see if Rusten had a write-up in the spoilers and found this quote:

I misjudged the pace of my game and ended up doing some silly things as a result. .

All I can say is...Rusty Rusten, please show me how to do the silly things you do! :D

edit2:

Just checked out the HOF tables, and the record for Space/Emperor/Standard/Normal is
1625 AD by none other than bcool. 1570AD on Deity by Sun Tzu Wu. (you know..just a little perspective here)

Last edited:
Well that is astonishing. Amazing result Rusten, and actually very good results for everyone else who managed to win. I remember starting the game, but never finished and didn't submit. From what I recall, I found it an extremely hard map, because the AIs just produced so many units early on (presumably from chopping all those forests) making it extremely hard to fight them off. My immense respect to all who managed to finish the game, and even more respect to those who managed to win. As for 1450 AD space. Wow!!!!!!

Thanks guys! It was a good game indeed. Congrats to everyone else who finished successfully too.

lymond: Get in touch with my sales representative. I can offer some good hourly rates. :deal:

:lol: I assume you take bitcoin

:lol: someone is not a Seinfeld fan (apparently Norway has at least one)

..those Norse ladies are spectacular

Well played to all of those who completed this map.

I liked the setup very much, although I started with a terrible mistake (bear eats settler) and ended up going against the flow (neglect of diplomacy).
Facing 4 times Napoleon was a little confusing to start with but eventually manageable.

It was a great concept. I wish I had made a test game with similar conditions to better anticipate the depth of the challenge. But who has time for that??? Fly by the seat of the pants is just my way, I have to accept that. Gren Ambulance is anyhow better than I thought. Very interesting that the AI do not DOW me when I have only 1 city left.

Top Bottom