[BTS] News: BOTM 264 (Taylor Swift) Results & Congratulations

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff
Congratulations to Dhoomstriker for completing an eptathelon!!! And to all the winners below.

BtS BOTM 264 Results:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Powerfaker: 1500 AD Domination Victory, 271,019 points.

Dhoomstriker: 1275 AD Domination Victory, 153,410 points.

nocho: 1752 AD Spaceship Victory, 150,404 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

frederiksberg: 1744 AD Spaceship Victory, 132,403 points.

Zeroth5: 1852 AD Cultural Victory, 43,907 points.

Other Award Winners:

MarleysGh0st: 1913 AD Spaceship Victory, 38,106 points.

sevnhuts: 1892 AD Cultural Victory, 30,185 points.

donsig: 1942 AD Spaceship Loss, 4,313 points.

Conquistador 63: 3100 BC Conquest Loss, 32 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited:
Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Thanks for the very clever and fun setup of a game!

After playing so many games where I intentionally avoided triggering Domination, it's nice to win a Fastest Finish for that Victory Condition.

Following a general strategy of avoiding a Victory Condition also means avoiding earning an Eptathlon Award for a long time! It seems that some of you have used the time to achieve multiple of these Awards for BOTMs! Simply amazing... Powerfaker (4), neilmeister (5), WastinTime (5), and nocho (8)!

I can now at least say that I've completed an Eptathlon Award for each of Vanilla, Warlords, and Beyond the Sword. It seems that 6 other players have done so before me: Jeffa, Jovan Kukic, Lexad, Mitchum, neilmeister, and nocho!

Nice work, Powerfaker, on achieving a difficult Domination!

Thanks to antimony and Conquistador 63 for taking the time to submit Conquest Losses.

Space was a popular Victory Condition and also took quite a tight, three-way photo finish!

Some Cultural Victories also rounded out the results.

No Diplo (which would have been hard) and no Religious (which would have been possible with some good planning).

Thank you once again to the staff for continuing to challenge us and entertain us with all of your hard work!

It seems that we see some City Ruins at the top right of the First Cities map. I remember seeing one of those and had thought that it might have been from earlier in the game. At least this map seems to explain that the City Ruins were there at the start of the game.

Last edited:
Thanks for the very clever and fun setup of a game!

After playing so many games where I intentionally avoided triggering Domination, it's nice to win a Fastest Finish for that Victory Condition.

Following a general strategy of avoiding a Victory Condition also means avoiding earning an Eptathlon Award for a long time! It seems that some of you have used the time to achieve multiple of these Awards for BOTMs! Simply amazing... Powerfaker (4), neilmeister (5), WastinTime (5), and nocho (8)!

I can now at least say that I've completed an Eptathlon Award for each of Vanilla, Warlords, and Beyond the Sword. It seems that 6 other players have done so before me: Jeffa, Jovan Kukic, Lexad, Mitchum, neilmeister, and nocho!

Nice work, Powerfaker, on achieving a difficult Domination!

Thanks to antimony and Conquistador 63 for taking the time to submit Conquest Losses.

Space was a popular Victory Condition and also took quite a tight, three-way photo finish!

Some Cultural Victories also rounded out the results.

No Diplo (which would have been hard) and no Religious (which would have been possible with some good planning).

Thank you once again to the staff for continuing to challenge us and entertain us with all of your hard work!

It seems that we see some City Ruins at the top right of the First Cities map. I remember seeing one of those and had thought that it might have been from earlier in the game. At least this map seems to explain that the City Ruins were there at the start of the game.
Congrats again. It's all about the fun, and am happy that I could provide some. Now I am off to finish BOTM267, and then on to BOTM268. BOTM 4ever!

Oh yes! That explains a minor mystery - I remember in my game, puzzling over what could have happened to cause those city ruins, and thinking, That's weird - it's too far away from the minor civ for it to be a likely AI-vs-AI battle. Now all is clear - a mapmaker trick :lol:

Another game I started but didn't finish..... great concept though!
Well done to all the victors!

Thanks Dhoom, I will admit to being a Space/Religious/Culture builder, and now I play much less often my old tendencies come the fore....to be honest I don't know how I got even the few Conquest/Domination awards that I did.

Top Bottom