[BTS] News: BOTM 149: Humbaba!! - starts 16 Feb

Ha ha!

More seriously, without Humbaba, it could give an intriguing game in which the seas are basically unusable by any civ until someone is able to build destroyers. Even with Humbaba, one destroyer is unlikely to survive long against a dozen subs...

A slightly less severe version would have the sea populated with AI galleons, or perhaps privateers or frigates.

A properly promoted at outset Humbaba destroyer, used judiciously, could allow one to see if the coast is clear to sneak a few galleys and galleons across some narrow straights.

dV

If I was still a mapmaker... after this discussion, I would make my next game loaded with a mix of subs loaded with tactical nukes and cruise missiles. Sounds like this idea of mine has finally become acceptable by the community. Though I am not sure I would like to play it... unless Montezuma and Toku were similarly loaded. And the rest of us start in the ancient era. LOL!

Hmm. Loaded up the save again yesterday and played a bit, but I realise it may be a very tough ask to complete this one in time. Just a few days left.

Despite loving this map, I've sadly given up on trying to submit. In sheer idiocy, I've started a marathon space game instead. Yeaaaaaah, that will get done... in 2020 :lol:

Maybe I'll try to finish it post-deadline. Humbaba rocks!!

Top Bottom