[BTS] News: BOTM 255 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
You played as Ragnar and lived up to Viking expectations admirably, with almost everyone dominating or conquesting your rivals - and the fastest was @Bemep42 who achieved conquest in 1170 AD. An incredible achievement considering you had to navigate everywhere using galleys. no-one else ceame remotely close in dates, with the next fastest victory being @Nick Trofimuk's conquest in 1505 AD. @Bemep42's efforts won the silver medal, with @hhhawk getting the highest score and netting gold for a 1715 AD conquest.

On the domination side, @Powerfaker won the fastest domination in 1585 AD, but got pipped by @Smiregal for the bronze medal. @Smiregal also took the cow.

Special mention to @kcd_swede - our resident evil staff member and well known real-life Viking - for managing to lose - to Ragnar's own son, Bjorn Ironside! Ironside stole a cultural victory from both @kcd_swede and @donsig. Just can't trust these sneaky Vikings, can you!

Well done everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

hhhawk: 1715 AD Conquest Victory, 347,981 points.

Bemep42: 1170 AD Conquest Victory, 329,943 points.

smiregal: 1745 AD Domination Victory, 328,429 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Powerfaker: 1585 AD Domination Victory, 295,134 points.

frederiksberg: 1560 AD Diplomatic Victory, 168,822 points.

Other Award Winners:

sevnhuts: 1954 AD Domination Victory, 49,978 points.

The Dude Esq: 1907 AD Religious Victory, 34,915 points.

greatbeyond: 1999 AD Conquest Victory, 28,761 points.

kcd_swede: 1963 AD Cultural Loss, 6,125 points.

donsig: 1984 AD Cultural Loss, 2,524 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. Pretty much everyone opted to stay in-place, with @crofter and @greatbeyond choosing to settle on the corn - presumably for faster worker production.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

I was aiming for Space, and was going with Mining Corp and Std Ethanol corp. I missed the Internet by 2 turns, and then I thought I was done. But actually, the science output had me in the lead technologically - first to Fusion, in any case. But Hatsheputs had the Internet so every time I traded up for all the needed techs, she got them for free. So she would have beat me to space by at least 20 turns because I had to keep diverting resources to defense. Every time I was about to crush an opponent (Ghandi dead, then Stalin for land) they woukld capitulate to some other vikings than me, and I'd be at war with 2-3 civs. So it was a battle all the way through, and I'm glad I didn't give up after the Internet. Ironside declare war on me 3 turns before his last city went legendary... and I was one unit short (or one rng roll short) of razing that third legendary city. Was even thinking I might (very unlikely) be able to nuke/paratroop the egyptian capitol, too to recall the spaceship, but I guess it's better that some viking's won, even it it wasn't me. Thanks for a fun one! :viking:

Oh... and it was fun to see all the Swedish city names... wish I could have razed my own home in time, though. LOL

Lots of high scoring games on this map. I suspected that I would be the only one going for diplomacy. Fun game with challenges the whole way.

Top Bottom