News: BOTM 30 - Starts 17 May

Without regard to the second question or the map type, I'd be loathe to pick a fight from a central location until I'm ready. There are a few exceptional neighbors...

Big and Small has a wide variation of settings, and the potential for the lack of an immediate neighbor.
After BOTM28, it is very unlikely that we are alone.
Spoiler :
if we are, the AIs will probably have lots of space and be lovey dovey.

Who thinks we have a chance of researching buddism before the other AI?

In test games I was able to get both Buddhism and Polytheism. In other tests, the AI got both religions at turns 8 or 9. So! If you like roulette, an early religion is for you!

Look- the only way this is even fair is if there is gold, silver or gems in the bfc around that PH. Or else in a grab-able location for a 2nd city. Stone too. How else are we going to win a Deity game without special gifts from the Deities? Like, a la Perseus, magic armor, helmet, sword...

Look- the only way this is even fair is if there is gold, silver or gems in the bfc around that PH. Or else in a grab-able location for a 2nd city. Stone too. How else are we going to win a Deity game without special gifts from the Deities? Like, a la Perseus, magic armor, helmet, sword...

Double wet corn is a pretty balancing factor. Plains hill for me.

It is true that researching fast enough may be a serious problem. If we need to research pottery to get up to 20bpt, then we might be in trouble.

Why does some people think that our neighbours are to the S? Couldn't they be to the N? :confused:

How many Holkans take a 3 archer city? :confused:
An whta if the city is on a hill? :confused:

Who said we are to win this game? It's Deity after all.

Ooh, looks interesting. The fake deity recently was such a joke I abandoned it.

How many Holkans take a 3 archer city? :confused:
An whta if the city is on a hill? :confused:
6-7
~10

It's much the same as chariots, only the AI has more time to bring/rush defenders and no 1st strike for archers. There's nothing wonderful in holkans as offensive weapon, except you can start the rush/choking quicker not needing to hook up metal.

I forgot all about BOTM! Normally I'm waiting eagerly for it but real life has been too busy.

So, real Deity ... my goal is simply to eke out a win. I'd pick Religious except I suck at it. Maybe I can do a small-empire Space victory.

Here goes BOTM XXX!

It's weird! Each time I give my first shot to a game of the month, it is written in the log 2nd session. Why? :confused:

Because the first session is the one we staffers play when we create the starting saves. :)

Top Bottom