News: Game of the month for Civ V - feedback appreciated

Also thanks!

I only play about 1/5, but appreciate them and learn from reading the AA threads for even those I dont play.
(Submissions are even rarer, as sometimes one just knows one is not even close to optimal!)

Thanks for keeping this going. The first thoughts that come to mind in terms of feedback are that I really don't like what I consisder the more 'gimmicky' game settings, such as One City Challenge and No City Razing, as they restrict play in a way that just makes the game less fun. On the other hand settings like Raging Barbarians and No Goody Huts can be useful on the higher difficulties. More variety in maps wouldn't be a bad idea, although less use of the types that the AI struggles with (basically all island style maps) is definitely advisable.

Other than that, I remember particularly enjoying one game in which the player was required to complete particular Social Policy trees (I think it was an Inca game). Also, playing as a wider variety of civs would be very much appreciated; if you look back through the game history you do see the same ones again and again, whereas I feel like I've never played as civs like Portugal or Brazil.

Thanks for keeping this going. The first thoughts that come to mind in terms of feedback are that I really don't like what I consisder the more 'gimmicky' game settings, such as One City Challenge and No City Razing, as they restrict play in a way that just makes the game less fun. On the other hand settings like Raging Barbarians and No Goody Huts can be useful on the higher difficulties. More variety in maps wouldn't be a bad idea, although less use of the types that the AI struggles with (basically all island style maps) is definitely advisable.

Other than that, I remember particularly enjoying one game in which the player was required to complete particular Social Policy trees (I think it was an Inca game). Also, playing as a wider variety of civs would be very much appreciated; if you look back through the game history you do see the same ones again and again, whereas I feel like I've never played as civs like Portugal or Brazil.
The forced policy choice or exclusion is meant to force the game out of the standard openings I started doing it because I wanted to see how the community would fare with out the standard crutches. OCC and no City razing also force people out of the comfort zones. I try not to use them too frequently as they do dictate a play style. Certain civs have little to recommend them, or do so to me. With @beetle taking over you can petition him for your personal favorites

Top Bottom