News: TSG 131 Announcement

Yeah, I was thinking that right after I submitted it, No Expos will kill my science harder than any population buff can raise it. Maybe turn 250?

Well, I'm not going to risk THAT so I will let someone else experiment...

I'm auctioning mine off to the highest bidder like I always do, Babylon will be the trade hub of the world so I can buy buildings and units so the production queue can be free for wonder-spamming. The city states never give me enough gold, and with no internal trade routes to help boost population I've got to get the maximum power out of those things.

On the plus side no expos means cheap policies and NW. I will be interested in seeing how fast people can this done.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Given that its emperor, what are the chances, one might be able to do HG, Petra and Colossus?

On Immortal surely not, but what might the tech path be on Emperor?

Given that its emperor, what are the chances, one might be able to do HG, Petra and Colossus?

On Immortal surely not, but what might the tech path be on Emperor?

That all depends on whether Egypt is in the game and who has coast and desert. Heavy scouting will be a priority, and embassies in all capitals, to see who is building what and when. With OCC, the queue will be free of settlers though, so a worker can be hard built after 2 scouts and a shrine/granary to begin chopping and improving every last tile.

The best way to do this is to DOW everyone as soon as you meet them and pillage every tile of their land. I'm planning on buying/building a horseman as soon as possible to pull this off, their tough enough to get in and out and wreck the AI's land before anyone can stop them. Ai's can't built wonder's with wrecked land. The problem is that it is continents, so I can only wreck my neighbor's lands and hope the other continent has a coastal bridge so I can wreck their lands too. More pillaging means more gold, and more gold means more buildings and more wonders! Let the Wonder-spam commence!

The best way to do this is to DOW everyone as soon as you meet them and pillage every tile of their land.

Is there something to be said for going peaceful for research agreements, or will science be too low on Emperor? Beakers from Scholasticism would probably be fairly low as well.

Interesting. Well, I don't know what being that hated in an OCC gets you (apart from frequent attempts to invade you). I'm only likely to be so violent if I see someone on the pathway to try and seriously start competing for wonders.

Egypt and Maya, you're dead to me. <.<

Game Requirements: Korea, Mongolia, Denmark, Babylon and Wonders of the Ancient World DLC. Gods and Kings expansion, Brave New World Expansion.

Makes me think, yeah get ToA. Make a friend with Sejong and make a goat out of the other 2. Emperor AI will be so poor, you likely have to fund both parts of the RA.

Desert Folklore seems so right, but what about God King?

And I think 6 archers will clear the continent.

Is there something to be said for going peaceful for research agreements, or will science be too low on Emperor? Beakers from Scholasticism would probably be fairly low as well.

I'm not wasting my money on it. After spending lots of money on a ton of RA's on a recent deity game and them not getting me crap, I'd rather use them on buildings for this OCC wonderspam game. Scholasticism should be pretty close to the same, so it might be worth it to do that too.

Interesting. Well, I don't know what being that hated in an OCC gets you (apart from frequent attempts to invade you). I'm only likely to be so violent if I see someone on the pathway to try and seriously start competing for wonders.

Egypt and Maya, you're dead to me. <.<

If you don't conquer any of their cities they'll be sending a DOF 20 turns after you sign a peace treaty on emperor. Ok, might be an exaggeration, but still, the point is to freak out the AI and get them off their toes and not building wonders so that they can be scooped up by you. They can waste their time building stonehenge and the mausoleum and the parthenon while you build GL, TOA, Oracle, HG and petra, and the colossus. Oracle and GL are important since they get you early GS points, which are bumped from 2 to 3 thanks to Babylon's UA. This will be the best way to be ready to crank out great scientists once you get a university!

Game Requirements: Korea, Mongolia, Denmark, Babylon and Wonders of the Ancient World DLC. Gods and Kings expansion, Brave New World Expansion.

Makes me think, yeah get ToA. Make a friend with Sejong and make a goat out of the other 2. Emperor AI will be so poor, you likely have to fund both parts of the RA.

Desert Folklore seems so right, but what about God King?

And I think 6 archers will clear the continent.

Desert folklore for sure with all of that desert! You should be able to enhance ten turns after founding! I'm keeping my neighbors this game unless its Eqypt, I want some good trade route partners. But 6 Bowmen will probably destroy the continent, but remember this is OCC so the runaway from across the sea will just rebuild when they find it. Plus, do you really want to deal with all those barbarians...

How do you see what the AI is building with an embassy?

If you turn up graphics and zoom in really close, you can spot it. FilthyRobot did a nice tutorial on how to do this on his youtube channel. You can see most wonders being built right in the capital, I don't remember all of the specifics but its a fun little trick I like to use before building a wonder when I can. Most games I don't build wonders and just sell my embassy off for 1 gold per turn but it looks like there will be enough gold that I won't need to do that this time.

If you turn up graphics and zoom in really close, you can spot it. FilthyRobot did a nice tutorial on how to do this on his youtube channel. You can see most wonders being built right in the capital, I don't remember all of the specifics but its a fun little trick I like to use before building a wonder when I can. Most games I don't build wonders and just sell my embassy off for 1 gold per turn but it looks like there will be enough gold that I won't need to do that this time.

Very clever, thanks for the tip!

You can plant a Great Person on an oasis, but it removes the oasis terrain feature, leaving a plain desert tile with a GP tile improvement -- usually regarded as a poor choice. Same happens if you plant a city on an oasis -- you'd be better off planting on an adjacent desert tile and keeping the oasis untouched.

I've heard reports that the same thing happens when an oasis tile gets radiation fallout -- scrubbing the fallout removes the oasis feature -- but I haven't tried that myself.

You can plant a Great Person on an oasis, but it removes the oasis terrain feature, leaving a plain desert tile with a GP tile improvement -- usually regarded as a poor choice. Same happens if you plant a city on an oasis -- you'd be better off planting on an adjacent desert tile and keeping the oasis untouched.

I've heard reports that the same thing happens when an oasis tile gets radiation fallout -- scrubbing the fallout removes the oasis feature -- but I haven't tried that myself.
Are you sure? The construct Academy icon is greyed out for me?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hmm, used to work. Perhaps they eliminated that to keep folks from harming their game inadvertently.

Needless to say, since learning that lesson the hard way, I'm not even tempted to try.....

I'm not wasting my money on it. After spending lots of money on a ton of RA's on a recent deity game and them not getting me crap, I'd rather use them on buildings for this OCC wonderspam game. Scholasticism should be pretty close to the same, so it might be worth it to do that too.

If you don't conquer any of their cities they'll be sending a DOF 20 turns after you sign a peace treaty on emperor. Ok, might be an exaggeration, but still, the point is to freak out the AI and get them off their toes and not building wonders so that they can be scooped up by you. They can waste their time building stonehenge and the mausoleum and the parthenon while you build GL, TOA, Oracle, HG and petra, and the colossus. Oracle and GL are important since they get you early GS points, which are bumped from 2 to 3 thanks to Babylon's UA. This will be the best way to be ready to crank out great scientists once you get a university!

Desert folklore for sure with all of that desert! You should be able to enhance ten turns after founding! I'm keeping my neighbors this game unless its Eqypt, I want some good trade route partners. But 6 Bowmen will probably destroy the continent, but remember this is OCC so the runaway from across the sea will just rebuild when they find it. Plus, do you really want to deal with all those barbarians...

Fair enough about the need to pillage. Would tossing a policy in the honor opener and then having a barb hunting squad out be worth it for culture?

Played a quick practice game with desert but no mountain. Capped out at about 600 beakers at t240. Seemed like AI had money for RA.

Top Bottom