News: TSG24 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 24
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the twenty-fourth game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of new features in Civilization 5 to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these new features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

In this game, the designated VC is Science. You may win by any VC you wish, as all VC's are enabled, but the results will be posted with fastest finish by Science victory and then all other VC listed below by fastest time. Good Luck!

In this game you will play as Gandhi and lead the Indian civilization to victory. It's a standard sized random map played at Warlord difficulty and at standard pace. Science victory is the designated VC for this game, all victory conditions are enabled. You will have until December 15th to complete the game and submit.

Mac players are welcome as you currently have the same version as windows. :cheers:

Please note that you are only allowed to build Oxford University one time. :nono:

Civ V - TSG24 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: Gandhi - India
Number of AI Opponents: 8
Number of City-States: 20
Map type: Random
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: Warlord
Temperature: Temperate
Game pace: Standard
Game options: One City Challenge, Raging Barbs, Random Personalities and Promotion saving are enabled. Policy Saving is disabled. Quick Combat is disabled (You can enable it by following instructions in this link.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 version 1.0.1.383

In this game, you will be playing as Gandhi, you possess Population Growth. Unhappiness from number of cities is doubled (well, no worry there) while unhappiness from number of Citizens is halved..

You can train the War Elephant, which replaces the Chariot Archer. The War Elephant is a more powerful, yet slower, replacement for the Chariot Archer. The unit can move through any terrain without the Chariot Archer's penalty but, as a mounted unit, remains vulnerable to the Spearman. You may build them with the discovery of The Wheel technology and do not need to have a resource to build it.

You can also build the Mughal Fort, which replaces the Castle. The Mughal Fort imporves the city's defensive strength while providing some culture each turn in the city in which it is built. After Flight, it provides a Gold bonus to the city as well. You must discover the technology of Chivalry and have Walls in your city to build it.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Game In Progress thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! , We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature)

This game runs for four weeks and ends Thursday, 15 December 2011.

The Save can be found here.

Recently submitted for TSG22 my first ever GOTM and I enjoyed it.
OCC Warlord? sounds like fun. I think I will try this first and postpone TSG23 for the weekend in order to have a "rested" mind on Emperor :)
Thanks for your efforts Leif.

I think I'll settle in place. Since Scientific is the VC and it's OCC, CS allies and RAs will be very important.

Warlord means cheaper technologies and bonus production?

I voted for OCC re TSG25, but no matter. I am not sure I would have chosen Gandhi as my leader with raging barbs, but there will be plenty of chances for a some quick double promotions.

Settling in place looks best next to the mountain for the observatory, unless the warrior finds something amazing on his first move that is. Surrounded by river, trees and hills, it will take at least two moves to get anywhere else worthwhile. Also, I am not a fan of riverside stone. You lose 1 food as a trade off for the extra production, I think, and food may be an issue here; there are no food resources visible so we need to make the most of our riverside grasslands.

I think I'll settle in place next to the mountain. This will allow me to build an observatory, which is a very powerful building to have when seeking a science victory. With an OCC it would be very beneficial to have as much food as possible, so I shall try to build the Hanging Gardens after completing the Great Library. I have never achieved this at a higher level, but at Warlord this should be possible.

Settle in place, sign RAs early and keep money to rush buy uni/public school. You can delay the GL for Civil Service or Theo, maybe Education...

I hate Ghandi because i like to expand, but since it's OCC i think it will be a good leader for this GOTM.

Peace everyone!

Warlord, great, hope we have alu & coal in our OCC, else it will be frustrating to wait till a CS develops it, that'll be a high luck factor! The AI will even take longer to get it......

Btw what happens if you capture CS playing OCC?
Does it gets destroyed instantly? And does it provide its strategical resources for you at least for a turn? :)

Instantly destroyed like any other city, even capitals.

Thank you! If you raze a city itll burn for some turns.

Do you get its territory (with strategics!) for a turn or the territory dissapears instantly?

You do not get the Annex/Puppet/Raze choice, the conquered city does not enter the razing mechanic of loosing 1 population per turn, it instantly disappears.

What if the city exploited a luxury needed for a WLtKD ? I haven't tested but I believe it won't work.

Top Bottom