News: TSG40 Announcement

Thanks for setting this up, Leif. I'm joining in for my first-ever GOTM as well. Looks like we have a lot of first-timers here! Very exciting.

Two questions -- how could someone build Oxford University more than once? Is there some kind of exploit? And why enable promotion saving?

Thanks again, looking forward to the game and the discussion.

Nice to see you back. Good Luck! :high5:

Thanks for setting this up, Leif. I'm joining in for my first-ever GOTM as well. Looks like we have a lot of first-timers here! Very exciting.
You're welcome. Sorry, almost missed this.

Two questions -- how could someone build Oxford University more than once? Is there some kind of exploit? And why enable promotion saving?
If you build Oxford in a city and either lose the city or give it to another AI, then you can build it again in another city of your as long as every city has a University.

We have previously agreed on Promo Saving as it is not unlike what we who play(ed) Civ4 are used to.

Promotion saving seems a lot more reasonable now that instaheals have been nerfed, IMO.

I'll play this. I've never done a game of the month before, but this is almost exactly the setup I would have played anyway.

This sounds like fun. I'll get to the GOTM when I actually have time and actually practice with the Celts myself first. I like that this game is on King level too. :)

This would also be my first Civ 5 GOTM for me as well.

P.S. A standard map with 10 civilizations? It's going to get crowded real soon. :(

...P.S. A standard map with 10 civilizations? It's going to get crowded real soon. :(

An ancient era unique unit says go for an early rush. My concern is that the religion focus conflicts with the science goal, so I can't really go for piety. I'll just use the early faith to grab my choice of beliefs.

P.S. A standard map with 10 civilizations? It's going to get crowded real soon. :(

That's the best part! why the sad face? :)

IMHO crowded maps are the best :cool:
Moderator Action: Once you have opened the game save, please do not post in the announcement thread. You may give spoilerish info to those who have not yet started the ga,e.

Very happy to have out Mac players with us, hope you enjoy the game. :)

Thanks... and I should add this is the very first time I can manage to play a GOTM.
Most of the time, the files couldn't open with the previous version and crash :(

But today, it works fine and smooth on my MacBook Pro...
Thanks for all your efforts... and now let's play:)

Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.
Fair enough !
Therefore, you won't miss any of my mistakes :)

Top Bottom