News: TSG60 Announcement

I'm going to give this a shot. I'm not too fond of early rushes, I'm used to waiting for the AI to DoW me, preparing for it and developing my cities. I've played Carthage only once, but Immortal being my comfort level, I do expect to win, but not anything sub-200t, I like my dominating civ to be somewhat developed before conquering the world. Having said that, I'll probably get crushed before t100. But this is certainly something different from my regular games, so I'm really looking forward to this.

I do hope my crashing issues have been resolved after the game core threading fix, I did play a full game without crashes after that tweak.

One note that I discovered:
Mountains are crossed with a movement of one and the auto move doesn't take into account the damage. I lost 1/2 my army in a single turn with the auto path moving everyone into a mountain range to cross a large expanse of hills/mountains.

I'd like to try this but being fairly new to Civ V I still have more Civs I want to try before BNW comes out. I've been saving some of the more "exciting" ones for the harder difficulties (Arabia, Babylon, Korea, England)

I've already played Carthage so I may pass on this. Problem is I quite like playing Carthage... and enjoy following along with everyone in the GotM. Looks like a nice start too and I never get to start with crabs.

I need more time.... hmm

Will settle in place, GOTS seems kind of a no brainer together with the harbour.

Will give this a shot.

Will be my first domination game ever :lol:

Will try the famous rush with CB, but i am not much of a warmonger, when i go to war, its generally with tanks against muskets. Love the odds more this way, but this will be too slow for these GOTM

Will have to handle happiness different i suppose, with annexing. I suppose the seasoned warmongers do raze quite a lot of cities?

Final (but perhaps stupid) question. I got to take the capitals and not all cities on the map? I suppose i can leave the CS out?

For domination victory, you just have to be the last major civ in possession of your capital.

No need to conquer CSs (minor civs) and no need to conquer a major civ capital that another civ has already taken.

looks like a cool game Leif!
I guess I will have to try to recreate the luck and magic I had in TSG46 with Carthage.
can't rely on cheap trick at Immortal level! :)
But that is my favourite level to play at.
It seems the game's flaws are best covered up at Immortal, and the game is the most fun to play there.

Top Bottom