[Warlords] News: WOTM 76 - Starts 1st May

neilmeister

Lentils have feelings too
GOTM Staff

WOTM 76: Bismarck of Germany.

Bismarck against the various cream puff and not-so cream puff AI. Its been 8 years since we played as Bismarck in Warlords.... that's a long time!

There hasn't been a Warlords game for a few months... so lets play! Remember, Warlords is the toughest variant, Emperor will likely play as Immortal, so good luck!

Game settings:
Playing as: Bismarck of Germany
Rivals: 4 AIs
Difficulty: Emperor
Starting Era:
Ancient
Speed: Normal
Options: No goody huts
Victory Conditions:
All enabled

Map settings:
Map: Hub...tiny style!
World Wrap: None
Mapsize: Worldsize_tiny
Climate: Climate_temperate
Sea level: Sealevel_medium

Bismarck is Expansive and Industrious, and you start with Hunting and Mining.
The Expansive trait gives +2 health/city and +50% hammers for worker production and double production speed of Granary and Harbor

The Industrious trait gives +50% wonder production and double production speed of Forge

Unique unit: Panzer (replaces Tank)
The Panzer benefits from: 50% combat bonus against armor units. This compares with the Tank which has: no directly comparable benefits.

Unique Building: Assembly Plant (replaces Factory)
In addition to normal Factory bonuses, the Assembly Plant allows 4 Engineer's as opposed to the normal 2 for a Factory. Also is built 50% faster with Coal.

Starting screenshot

This is the start of the game (click for a bigger image):

To Enter the Competition:

This competition will open at 00:01 am on 1 May 2017, server local time (UTC-6:00). From that date and time, you'll be able to get your chosen starting save >>>here<<<.

Submit the save after your victory (or defeat) here, by 15 Jun 2017.

Here is a link to a list of the differences between Vanilla, Warlords and BtS.

Software Versions

Windows: This game MUST be played in Warlords (NOT Civ4 Vanilla or Beyond the Sword), patched to version 2.13, and with the HOF mod version 2.13.003 installed. You can download the HOF mod here. Players using Windows Vista or Windows 7 are encouraged to read the notes on Vista fixes here.

If you have not installed BtS, you will need to update the relevant DLL files in order to match the Locked Assets checks. These are available here.**

Macintosh: This game MUST be played in Warlords (NOT Civ4 Vanilla or Beyond the Sword), patched to version 2.13, and with the Mac HOF mod version 2.13.001 installed. You can download the Mac HOF mod here.
While playing...

Remember - for your entry to be accepted, it MUST be your first attempt to play this game, and you MUST NOT replay any turns. If you make a mistake while playing, you have to live with it, learn from it, and carry on the game without replaying.

We will open 'spoiler' threads during the month for players to discuss what happens in their games. Do not discuss any details of your game outside those threads.

Thanks for the game.

Only six weeks to play? Are you planning another warlords in June? Tiny though, so plenty of time.

I don't usually wander much, but doesn't seem like a good starting location with our traits. OTOH, plains hill and mining puts us close to BW for chopping and slavery.

6 weeks is plenty of time. :)

I have handed out some pretty generous starts lately, and I did actually edit this to add the PH and the fresh water. Warlords & Vanilla starts are notoriously worse than BtS.

Sounds fun. Let's see if I can find five hours or so in the next six weks. That is the challenger save for me.:crazyeye:

Apparently there will be no spoilers? Not that I remember anything about the game anymore so I wouldn't be posting in the spoiler threads anyway.

OK, neilmeister wins the who can delay posting spoilers longest contest.
I've created a couple for him.

Now, if y'all want more Warlords games, please post in them. (of course, you need to play the game first)

Four days left.
Very few submissions so far.

Spoiler won't be playing it myself :
Sorry to say, I just tried again to get Warlords working with Win10 and Steam and failed miserably. So, I will go continue botm 131 now instead.

so... if i can play a whole game in one session, i have chance at medal... hmmm... too bad it isn't motivation that is lacking, just free time.

so... if i can play a whole game in one session, i have chance at medal... hmmm... too bad it isn't motivation that is lacking, just free time.
You would just pick same victory condition as another and get one more low score award for your collection.
:sour grapes:

Nah.. Emperor level at Warlords expansion... I think its an ambulance at best.

Top Bottom