Nexus Assets Path

Open up mod budy.

Go to Tools, then options, then select Civ 5, should be able to change it there.

Open up mod budy.

Go to Tools, then options, then select Civ 5, should be able to change it there.

Unfortunately those aren't the paths used for Nexus.

If you open Nexus and right click on the Viewer tab and select Settings, you can change the AssetPath setting, which updates the registry key.

Unfortunately, I still get the DirectoryNotFoundException which seems to still be using my originally selected directory. I'm combing through the registry and install location and can't find where else it may be storing the old location. When I find it, I'll post back here.

Edit: It looks like changing it in the application Settings updates the HKCU\Software\Firaxis\Nexus\Viewer\AssetPath registry key but Gyathaar was right that it is reading it from HKCU\Software\Firaxis\Tools\ToolAssetPath. It looks like a potential bug that was missed during development.

That's true, seem a bug, even as fixable as it is. To have to edit the registry isn't much user-friendly, even for some modders =P

@Thorn I did exactly the same here, had to go to regedit:

Spoiler :

my key was at Gyathaar said, not the one ArgentumStudios pointed, maybe different windows versions?

I had the same problem with setting a bad asset path the first time through.

By a process of trial and error it seems to work when the registry field mentioned by Wirapuru
Code:
HKCU\Software\Firaxis\Tools\ToolAssetPath
is set to
Code:
D:\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v
i.e. drop the trailing '\assets' from your previous path.
(...and obviously you'll want to replace D:\ with whatever parent directory the steam folder is in.)

This seems to get everything 'working' (I'm finding nexus quite confusing with no instructions) except the terrain editor which crashes with the same symptoms Snoopy is getting in this thread.

I'm finding nexus quite confusing with no instructions

Oh yeah :( reminds me of some alpha-beta plugins and apps made to accomplish the very minimum needed to make something to work. Since it's in a very early stage I'm giving it all my patience.

I see people complainling a lot about it (not you, I mean the whining people) but they don't know how it is to make tools to customize/edit a product in general - from my experiences it's way more complicated than making the product itself.

I have hopes that it'll be (almost) flawless and well documented some day, it would be enough for me. I don't think it needs to be much user-friendly since what we want to do isn't anyway.

I'm having a similar problem. However, when I run regedit I seem to have two missing directories compared to Wirapuru's screenshot above. I don't see any "Tools" directory (or "PakBuild" either). ModBuddy seems to be working fine for me. I'd like to try to uninstall and reinstall just Nexus, but I don't see any way to do that. (I'm afraid that if I uninstall the whole SDK, I'll loose my current ModBuddy project.) Anyone have any ideas?

I set it to the wrong path initially as well. I've tried doing all the steps mentioned here and it still does not work for me. I'll go on a warpath importing civ4 units if somebody could help or have any ideas.
Spoiler :

edit: this is just weirdness, now the indiestone material maker is working, but the nexus viewer just constantly crashes and wont run. Is this normal?

Shiggs713 same happened to me but i just didn't mind the error massages and went on extracting the PAK files worked fine after i done that

I also decided to run Nexus and ran into a similar problem. I was also asked to choose a path for 'assets' but I still have no Idea what to do. I tried looking here on what to do but everyone keeps posting images that have been removed or are not available anymore. What's up with that?

Please I am asking for help. I could be extremely snarky but I require your assistance. I'd like to use Nexus to find out what is causing my models to look like red and white checkerboards. The models are also facing down into the ground rear up. I'd like to figure out why that is and how I may fix that; Hopefully I may do that through Nexus.

OK. Now I have the same problem. The stupid Nexus Assets Path wouldn't go away so I put it in 'Documents' and now get an error message saying there is an error finding it's Path. Please help me correct this mistake so I may have my first question answered.

Now the Nexus will not start. Every time I try to start the Nexus it used to give me the error message but now It refuses to start. Please help me.

Okay, I got Nexus to open and I navigated to the 'Nexus' tab then to the 'Error Log' tab and found this as the top error message:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\jgl24\Documents\Assets'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at Firaxis.Framework.VirtualDirectory.Refresh()
at Firaxis.Framework.VirtualContainer.Refresh()
at Firaxis.Framework.VirtualSpace.Refresh()
at Firaxis.Framework.Available.Startup(String projectName, Boolean disconnected)

How do I redirect this Base Path? Please let me know.

You are resurrecting a thread that is seven years old - don't be surprised if people have taken down images they no longer need, or image hosting services have gone away.

You're also expecting replies within 30 minutes ... please edit your previous post to add the new info and not create a new one.

The "head down" problem may be related to this Trying to reskin the carrier ... | CivFanatics Forums

As to the path issue - sounds like a difference between Win 7 and Win 10. Don't know, don't use Nexus. You may be able to solve the issue with symbolic links - search for info on the windows command mklink

Thank you for calmly and rationally responding to me even though I wasn't. Thank you for your response.

Concerning my earlier posts.... I was and am very tired of dealing with not being able to find the answers to my problems and no one being able to give me a clear answer, even on this website. I understand that it unreasonable to behave the way I did, though it is and was NOT excusable, I really need answers and to be able to post my updates to my situation. Please excuse my behavior, but I searched for hours, and like then, I am short on time.

Again thank you for your response.

"As to the path issue - sounds like a difference between Win 7 and Win 10. Don't know, don't use Nexus. You may be able to solve the issue with symbolic links - search for info on the windows command mklink"

I have and found next to no answers on how to fix it anywhere on the internet.

"The "head down" problem may be related to this Trying to reskin the carrier ... | CivFanatics Forums"

I will check this link out. Thank you.

"don't be surprised if people have taken down images they no longer need, or IMAGES hosting services have gone away." (Sorry, I don't know how to bold text)

If I wanted to help people, I'd leave everything in text format-- Not image format which can be removed easily.

Forgive me if I came off this time as condescending; that is not my intent. However my last comment,... kind of is because that is annoying for I help people for a living and that is why I harp on text NOT images. Sure it too can be removed but text is the direct format of forums while images are an additional format that is not as direct text; thus is more easily removed. Yes, I understand that the authors may have taken them down themselves but if It were text instead... they'd have to take down the entire post they made not just an image or the entire thread.

Thank you for reading through my long winded remarks on "text" for I do appreciate it as well as once again your response.

If I wanted to help people, I'd leave everything in text format.

Feel free to help out here then by going through every thread, finding every image and giving it an unambiguous textual description.

Top Bottom