Nexus Buddy 2

Nexus Buddy 2 - Granny Editor for Civ 5 2.5.3

Here comes another question. How can I change the Type of Material? Is there a possibilities wih NexusBuddy2?
If I need to change type of material "03 - Default" from "BuildingShader" to "UnitShader_Skinned" what should I do?

It's not possible to switch Material Shader Types between asset types unfortunately so you can't use the Unit shader on a Building model or vice versa. So you won't be able to make team coloured buildings that way.

Last edited:
After 2 system restarts animations started to work ) AnimWorks.png

Even with import/export and editing materials with Blender?

Blender can't help with this unfortunately. The game engine defines which Shader types can be used with which asset types - it's a hard restriction.

Hey guys, I am having a blast converting RoN units into civ5 using blender scripts (2.79) and NexusBuddy2, but yesterday I encountered a small obstacle. I have problems converting multi model units. When I tried to convert cannon unit with its entire crew, even tho I had no error when I ran the script, NexusBuddy just refuses to load the .br2 file, stating that "Input string was not in a correct format." Does anyone know why? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 212
  • error.PNG
    error.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 201
  • details.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 83
Here is the unit in blend. Could multiple skeletons be the problem? If so, how do I solve it?

Attachments

• cannonwhole.zip
    241.9 KB · Views: 204
Not sure what you mean?
Sorry for my bad English,I was not sure how to install the blender.
looks like Blender script works blender 2.8.
Now install 2.8, how to install script is drag and drop in addons folder?

Attachments

• sorryjapanese.png
    sorryjapanese.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 216
Sorry for my bad English,I was not sure how to install the blender.
looks like Blender script works blender 2.8.
Now install 2.8, how to install script is drag and drop in addons folder?

For Civilization V graphics modding the recommended latest version of Blender you can use is 2.79b (not 2.79a or 2.79) with the 2.7 Addons.
Available here:
https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/

You install Addons via User Settings - the Install Addons from file button - then just select the *.py script you want to install and activate it by the check box.

upload_2020-5-22_6-45-12.png

For Civilization V graphics modding the recommended latest version of Blender you can use is 2.79b (not 2.79a or 2.79) with the 2.7 Addons.
Available here:
https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/

You install Addons via User Settings - the Install Addons from file button - then just select the *.py script you want to install and activate it by the check box.

View attachment 556704

I don't know the export but probably can import. Thank you!
(but there are many things blender I have to learn)

So, is there some limitation on changing textures of an unit with altered mesh? I tried creating a conical hat for the Musketman, and I could add the hat in the UV map. I tested it, and the hat got rendered in game with the texture of the old helmet, as I placed the new part of the UV map on the helmet. But when I tried altering the texture file, it would still show in game as the old texture file with the helmet. I even tested the thing by making a vanilla Musketman NB2 and importing it to blender. Then I made no changes and exported the BR2 and overwrote the meshes of the Musketman. But even then, I couldn't change the texture shown in game anymore. The model was literally the same, just imported to Blender and exported back again, but it only showed the vanilla texture. Any workaround known?

EDIT: NVM, I found out you need to delete all the materials from blender (from the blender file menu). Now it works

Last edited:
I ran into the same problem again, but it resolved when I rebooted Civ5 and ModBuddy. I guess either of them remembers the file by the same name even though you delete them in modbuddy and reupload a different file with the same name or something. I'm not sure what is the cause, but I post it here anyway in case someone else runs into problems

I am having problems importing FBX geometry. I'm creating a custom leader character, and when I import the FBX, she becomes a garbled mess. When I overwrite the FBX GR2 file, her right leg goes off screen to infinity. HALP!

I am also having problems importing FBX animations. :(

Last edited:
I am having problems importing FBX geometry. I'm creating a custom leader character, and when I import the FBX, she becomes a garbled mess. When I overwrite the FBX GR2 file, her right leg goes off screen to infinity. HALP!

I am also having problems importing FBX animations. :(

FBX is not stable for mesh data due to the unstable library Firaxis gave us. Use BR2 format which is stable for mesh data. FBX should be good for skeleton and animation. For more read here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...esh-and-skeleton-and-re-export-to-gr2.495207/

FBX is not stable for mesh data due to the unstable library Firaxis gave us. Use BR2 format which is stable for mesh data. FBX should be good for skeleton and animation. For more read here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...esh-and-skeleton-and-re-export-to-gr2.495207/
Thanks, I tried the steps to import a custom skeleton, but I don't know how to convert the animations or animation takes into usable gr2 files. The animations also distort the mesh that was imported as a br2 into something unusable.

Is there a step-by-step guide to importing a fbx animations and saving them as GR2 files?

Last edited:
I am now having a problem, where I've overwritten the FBX import to Nexus Buddy, with the BR2 import. The animations now play when I view the skeleton, but the mesh doesn't move, even though it was parented to the skeleton.

@Bangra 7 Have you actually rigged the model - i.e. assigned the parts of the mesh to Vertex Groups that match the names of the Bones in the Armature (Skeleton)?

Top Bottom