NFL 2008 regular season

Do you have any idea how many starters the Pats have lost for the season? 4 defensive starters since September. They've also lost 2 backup linebackers, the starting runningback. We currently have Ty Warren, James Sanders, and Bruschi sitting on the sidelines. That's more than half the defense from September that is not playing. This doesn't even include the MVP from last year. Yet they are still in contention. Please don't give me that. Who have the Bears lost for any stretch except Hester?

That's what you get for being so gosh darn old. When you have one of the oldest teams in nfl, ran up the score like royal d-bags last year so people want to hurt you, a lot of people are going to want to hurt year. However that wasn't the point of my post though the point was that you cant exactly just go around and find 2 good linebackers, and a good corner just like that.

Seriously do the bears not want this.

That's what you get for being so gosh darn old. When you have one of the oldest teams in nfl, ran up the score like royal d-bags last year so people want to hurt you, a lot of people are going to want to hurt year. However that wasn't the point of my post though the point was that you cant exactly just go around and find 2 good linebackers, and a good corner just like that.

Seriously do the bears not want this.

Have you been following the Patriots at all this decade? They won a Superbowl with Troy Brown playing slot. They resurrected so many careers it's insane.

I'd like to step in for a moment and just say...FIVE.

Ryan Torain
Andre Hall
Selvin Young
Michael Pittman
Peyton Hillis

NOW, ADD IN:

2 good linebackers, and a good corner

Boss Bailey (played 5 games, now on IR), DJ Williams (missed 5 weeks, still hurt but playing because they DESPERATELY need him), and Champ Bailey (missed 8 games so far).

so tell me what the bears lost that someone else in contention didn't?

What a . .. .. .. .ing game.

I never siad the bears have been hurt by injuries excessively. Only in one game have injuries really hurt, and that was that Atlanta game.

Gould as good as gold, as good as gold! Mcnabbs passes weren't all ducks, I saw some pretty wide open drops in there that could have meant the game for us. I knew it would come down to the last game, but regardless we're not making it. just like the catch, we almost make it in, only to be pushed right back out.

I doubt it. We'll just think about how in the offseason we'll draft or sign 1 or 2 LB and a CB and Brady will be back next year to run the table. The fins weren't as bad last year as their record indicated, they had the Pats in their division and had to play the NFC East and the NFC North, all of the teams in these divisions finished above .500 last year except the Bengals. You guys will be back to wearing paper bags on your head in no time.

Uh no, the tables have turned for the Dolphins. Defense is young and decent.
Pennington will play QB for another yr or two and the Henne will take over in a
D.Marino like way :cooool:.

Yeah if they can just find 2 linebackers and cb they'll have one of the best defenses ever.

alright the good eagles are showing up so far. All of the pieces have fallen into place for us, all we have to do is win. Roy williams is looking very bad.

Good luck not firing Wade now Jerry :lol:

Spagnuolo would make me very happy.

EDIT: Yea, if Wade isn't fired after this...I'm refusing to watch this team. A vote of confidence and the team is losing by 41 points going into the 4th. Clearly they care to play for Wade as much as they did for Campo. Enough stopgap coaches, this team has about 4 more years in it's window but if Jerry had just hired a better coach to begin with...we might already be champions :rolleyes:

Looks like the Favre experiment in New York can be officially classified as a massive failure, while the Pennington give-away to Miami was a huge success. IMHO, the Jets GM should be fired immediately...

Well, the Spurs are good and definitely NOT chokers! Basketball season here I come!

Well, the Spurs are good and definitely NOT chokers! Basketball season here I come!

You've always got your longhorns!

The eagles are coming here to the twin cities. Of course there is massive ebay gouging. Anyone ever have luck getting scalped tickets onsite?

That was a rather disappointing performance by the jets. Its rather sad to see some teams that are barely above .500 or at .500 make it in while other teams are robbed. Well there's always next year. Go Vikes and/or Eagles.

What an incredibly disappointing season for this Cowboy fan. They deserve to be relegated to armchair quarterbacks during the playoffs, and not just for their game today. I'm closer than what I'd ever thought I'd be to joining the dark side (AFC/Texans).

there are few things i relish in this world (seeing the mets choke is one!) more than seeing dallas go into the sheeter like that! and to have the eagles sneak in, to boot!! what a fantastic turn of events!!

there are few things i relish in this world (seeing the mets choke is one!) more than seeing dallas go into the sheeter like that! and to have the eagles sneak in, to boot!! what a fantastic turn of events!!

Will McNabb be back next year?

Darn right!!!! I loved the looks on Wade Phillps face and tony romo burying his head in the turf after a fumble! I had to call all of my dallas friends and rub it in. I might have been enjoying it a little too much:)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3796019

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has fallen behind in his recovery efforts from knee surgery and could risk missing next season if another operation is needed, NBCSports.com has reported.

Brady, who underwent surgery Oct. 6 after tearing the ACL and MCL ligaments in his left knee in the first quarter of the team's first game of the season, had subsequent operations on the knee after it became infected.

That infection resulted in a buildup of scar tissue, which may require surgery on the knee, the Web site reported, citing an anonymous NFL source.

The scar tissue also has affected Brady's ability to begin fully rehabilitating his leg, the report said, and the repaired ligaments remain loose. Another surgery also could be needed for that condition, the Web site reported.

Top Bottom