NHL Regular Season Thread

It seems that Olli Jokinen (finally) will be playing in the playoffs. So far what... 760 season games and no playoff-games... or something like that, but it's the NHL-record :) .

After being a dire hard islanders fan (and still am). All I can say is lets keep losing for that #1 pick!

I think that Hedin guy would be a good fit for the NYI.

I love Columbus from now on. Seriously.

Columbus (~15-20) now up at (~7-8) for my favourite NHL teams.

After being a dire hard islanders fan (and still am). All I can say is lets keep losing for that #1 pick!

I think that Hedin guy would be a good fit for the NYI.
You are referring to Viktor Hedman? You already have Mark Streit. You miss Jason Blake. You need a goal scorer, ergo you need John Tavares.

You are referring to Viktor Hedman? You already have Mark Streit. You miss Jason Blake. You need a goal scorer, ergo you need John Tavares.

I guess you can never have to much offense. :D. I heard Tavares has been watched since he was 15. :0

He's been watched since he was at least 14. I remember several years ago hearing about the controversy of the OHL possibly letting in some underage player who was supposed to be really good. Of course, that kid was John Tavares.

Chicago is going to finish 4th or perhaps 5th at worst.

Chicago is going to finish 4th or perhaps 5th at worst.
You think? I guess a lot depends on what happens tonight. It's 1-0 Vancouver after the first though Khabibulin is playing out of his solar system.
We're 5 pts ahead of Columbus and 2 ahead of Vancouver and it seems tough to catch Calgary.

I suppose Detroit needs to battle it out for #1 which isn't good...

Blackhawks remaining schedule:
Mar 29 VAN
Mar 31 @MON
Apr 1 STL
Apr 3 NSH
Apr 5 @CLB
Apr 7 @NSH
Apr 8 CLB
Apr 11 @DET
Apr 12 DET
Flames remaining schedule:
Mar 30 SJ
Apr 2 @DAL
Apr 3 @MIN
Apr 6 LA
Apr 7 @VAN
Apr 10 @EDM
Apr 11 EDM
Canucks remaining schedule:
Mar 29 @CHI
Mar 31 @MIN
Apr 2 ANA
Apr 4 @EDM
Apr 5 COL
Apr 7 CGY
Apr 9 LA
Apr 11 @COL
Blue Jackets remaining schedule:
Mar 29 STL Lost 5-2
Mar 31 NSH
Apr 4 @NSH
Apr 5 CHI
Apr 8 @CHI
Apr 10 @STL
Apr 11 MIN

Well Chicago is 16 points back on Detroit with 9 games left, so its not going to happen.

Therefore unless the Blackhawks stumble, they will get 4th, unless Calgary/Vancouver/Chicago all keep close in points, in which case they could fall to 5th. Keep in mind that in the NHL division leaders automatically get the top three seeds, so the Northwest winner will be 3rd no matter what.

Columbus is 5 points back, but Chicago has 3 games in hand. So while its not impossible, if Chicago doesn't screw up, they won't catch up.

Right so we need to hang onto this spot for home ice. Canucks are playing tough.

wait...am I rooting for Vancouver to win the NW? wtf???? I AM. I think that's one of the 7 signs, is it not?

I being an Islanders fan and wanting the first pick (he he) am starting to believe Colorado may be tanking? thoughts?

Well, it's pretty satisfying to see them on the bottom of the western conference, finally. ;)

I'm a Canucks fan and I hate Colorado as much as the next guy, but they have just had awful luck this season. With Statsny and Sakic both out that club just fell to pieces.

they totally are. I'd take Tavares over Hedman, though no problems with Hedman.

Top Bottom