Night of the Werewolves XXVII: Night of Blood

So, Sepuku has been bitten by a werewolf and is starting to turn into one? The safest thing would to kill here right away but then it we (possibly) kill an innocent. How do we know you will find a cure Sepuku? and how can we tell that when the transformation is complete? I suppose you wouldn't tell us when you have completely transformed?

The Widow breaks down once more. She can not belive what she is hearing. Werewolfs! such evil things, she looks towards sepuku, a girl she had known since she was little.
It wasn't you that killed my husband was it?
The widow didn't know what to think or believe. Someone also told her in quiet that they could sense vampires here as well. How could this happen to this nice village she thought. Werewolves and Vampires, who could have brought such evil beings into our town?

The historian stalks the fresh snow, enjoying the crunch, crunch sound his boots make against the crisp precipitate. He stops, stares angrily into the middle-distance, and takes a long, considered drag from his cigarette, or whatever passes for a cigarette in this fantasy world of wonder. All who see him pass by stop what they are doing, and gaze at the man as if hypnotised, and as one, a thought enters their heads: this man is desperate to look cool. A few stifle giggles as he strikes a thoughtful pose.

I stand with a thousand years of darkness behind me, he said, talking in italics for dramatic effect, and terrors that would drive a lesser man insane. But this threat, why, this dwarfs them all...

Look at that ellipsis! Everyone is surely in awe at the air of mystery surrounding this achingly cool man. He turns and strides towards the scene of the murder, only pausing to slip on a particularly icy bit of ground and then act like he meant it.

So it seems that someone's story doesn't add up, here. The simple pieman speaks of conversion and evil, while the quaint little meat-seller tells a sob-story about a heart of pure gold, a sheep in wolf's clothing, if you will.

He looks around to see if any of the women are impressed with his charismatic joke-telling skills, but they are all too busy looking at less important things, like the dead body of the mayor. He lets a frown briefly play over his smoulderingly good-looking features, then corrects himself and moves on.

And it falls to us, but particularly me, because I have a degree, to untangle this web of lies. It has been said, by a particularly bohemian wit that you will not have heard of, that history is written by the victors. Well, villagers, I shall write your history this time. Because I have a degree.

So it seems that we must wait for the testimonies of Winston Hughes and Frozen In Ice regarding the butcher's little tales. A shame, really, because I had so much more to say, and I'm sure you all wanted to hear it. But there are not enough votes on our lycanthropic little lady here to make her truly nervous, I think... allow me to add another. Sepuku, do you sweat now, even amongst this frozen landscape? I fear that you do...

He turns, swishes his cape in a very cool way, and goes off in the direction of the baker, in search of croissants.

The Wine Farmer is shocked by recent announcements.

Sepuku, it would appear that you are our best lead at the moment. Your story of an "innocent" wolf is of course possible, but exceedingly unlikely.

I don't think we can afford to take the risk.

Well. An admitted werewolf, proclaiming good intentions? I don't buy it, never would. I think we should take a couple of my horses out for a nice gallop before nightfall. Sepuku can come along -- on foot of course, horses can't abide wolves too close ... we'll do her the courtesy of attaching her with a rope. So she can keep up.

Wait, we need to show some pity. I would like to hear more from Sepuku. Right now, I'm on the fence about lynching her.

Hearing the people cry out, the Paladin returns to the crowd and listens to the various tales. After thinking carefully for about a second he declares.

" Its obvious that you are a foul creature of the devil, so you must die Sepuku!"

He then brandishes his sword and advances towards the butcher.

Seeing several villagers standing up to protect the butcher Kulko decides that discretion is the better part of valour and backs down for the moment.

"You will see! Once evil takes root there is no solution but to root it out at the roots.

In nomine Patris, (makes Sign of the Cross) et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Amen
Introibo ad altare Dei.
Ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam.

A short mermorial service will be held later this even for the poor mayor. All are welcome.

Fisherwomen, who have been silent so far looks shocked.

"... Yer what?" She mumbled. The mayor lay dead and merely a few hours after his death was confirmed, the baker seemed to be having a bake sale. And making a tidy profit as well.

Oh yeah. The Wolf.

"Sepuku, even if you are telling the truth, I am not sure if you are able to control your actions. I have heard that there were many werewolves who were forced by their evil curse to kill/maim/eat people against their will. As such, we cannot allow you to remain alive. I am sure you understand."

"Sepuku, I can't believe what you have told me! But still your story does make some sense to me. I remember that day not too long ago when I found you injured, so that part fits. Though I am still unsure, Sepuku, I think you may be just telling the truth, and besides, there is no way I could let anything harm you, as long you don't harm anyone else. We need to talk more about this soon, my dear, away from prying ears, perhaps."

The Miller then turns to the other villagers and shouts desperatly:

"Surely one of you can cure her, right? Please if you can, step forward and speak up!"

After coming from the fields, the wheat farmers puts his arms around his children and gathers his pregnant wife close to him.

Fear not, my loves, daddy's home.

And say what, the mayor's body is barely cold and we already have a lead ? I was thinking that maybe the foreigners were to blame for this awful thing, but if we have a werewolf among us, I know the perfect cure.

A paladin's sword right in the heart is what will cure Sepuku of his wolfishness.

After spitting in the ground, he gathers his family once more and starts to head for his farm.

Come on, let's go home, no need to stay in the cold.

The Cow Farmer's Son walks out of the barn, and looks at the commotion in the village.

If Sepuku is a wolf, then she must die. It will hopefully end this chaos as quickly as possible.

The Son returns to the barn to continue his work.

We haven't heard anything about a possible cure for Sepuku from anyone. Worse, we haven't heard from Sepuku, strange when you're being suspected.

We have indeed heard from Sepuku here.:p

OOC: My mistake, I forgot about that post (I have read it)

I'm not going to chance my accusation, because we still haven't heard from anybody about a potential cure.

You will see! Once evil takes root there is no solution but to root it out at the roots.

The historian rolls his eyes exaggeratedly and in various directions, so everyone can see his disdain.

So this is the level of intellect I have to work with. Tell me, paladin, do you have a degree? No? I didn't think you would. I have a degree you know. I have a thesaurus too, maybe you'd like to borrow it, if you could even read which you can't.

He dissolves into paroxysms of laughter at his 'zinger'. After guffawing for a while, he realises that no-one is joining in, at which point he stops abruptly, glares at the paladin again, and relights his cigarette, which had been extinguished by the flecks of spittle expelled from his gob by the laugh.

Top Bottom