• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

NiGHTS: Bug Reports

Yes, yes, yes, yes & yes.

Yes -- vanilla work boats can go onto ocean tiles once you've got the Astronomy tech.
Yes -- cache deleted before installing NIGHTS
Yes -- ModUserData folder contents deleted before installing NIGHTS
Yes -- file integrity verified through steam
Yes -- only one copy of NIGHTS installed

Alright - turns out there's a simple answer to this: You need the Compass tech, not the Astronomy tech. Compass is an either/or prerequisite for Physics - so you probably haven't researched it in your game, (as taking Mathematics instead of Compass to get to Physics is a shorter research cost path, which the game always prioritizes if you don't manually select each specific tech).

If you have researched Compass, then I'll have to do some more digging to find out what the exact problem is - but I'm betting this is it.

It seems that after building the new wonder Petra, I get an additional 3 iron every turn that passes since it finished. As you can see in the savegame I have over 250 iron available.

I assume it it only meant to give 3 iron total.

Attachments

• TooMuchIronBug.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
It seems that after building the new wonder Petra, I get an additional 3 iron every turn that passes since it finished. As you can see in the savegame I have over 250 iron available.

I assume it it only meant to give 3 iron total.

Seeing the same happen in my game

Yep - that's a bug. :crazyeye: Looking into it, will get a fix up shortly.

Not sure if this a bug with Nights or main game, but it seems that most of my puppet cities don't use all their population. I have one with 14 people and using 9, and another with 7 people and only using 3, plenty of other plots to put them and with improvements as well. Any ideas? Don't want to annex most of them cause of the culture hit, but wasting my people if not used.

Not sure if this a bug with Nights or main game, but it seems that most of my puppet cities don't use all their population. I have one with 14 people and using 9, and another with 7 people and only using 3, plenty of other plots to put them and with improvements as well. Any ideas? Don't want to annex most of them cause of the culture hit, but wasting my people if not used.

I think this is probably a bug with the main game - having said that, you could build Courthouses and regain some of the lost culture there.

It might not even be a bug - perhaps it's just an incentive from vanilla CIV 5 to annex over puppeting in regards to maximizing overall efficiency of the City itself.

Hi Markus,

i just tried your Mod, after the Rockpapershotgun article and so far.... it is activated but how do i KNOW that i am actually playing it?
the policies screen for example looks as usual... :(

edit: as additional info, i am playing an hotseat game

When I play Archipelago maps the AI almost never settles off their original island, I think it has to do with galley spam. They make so much their entire island is surrounded by the crappy units and nothign can get out. If they get a larger island to start on they will, which I only saw happed once in the 5 times I played so far :/

Right around the time I got riflemen, all my allied military states started giving me warriors. This happened in 10.1b.

I don't have a save game showing it though.

Hi Markus,

i just tried your Mod, after the Rockpapershotgun article and so far.... it is activated but how do i KNOW that i am actually playing it?
the policies screen for example looks as usual... :(

edit: as additional info, i am playing an hotseat game

Unfortunately, mods aren't yet compatible with Hotseat, or any form of multiplayer for that matter.

Mausoleum gives culture but no production bonus (tested with 10.1a, though the game was started with 10.1)

This is probably because you started with 10.1 and then moved onto 10.1a. There's a few bugs in both of those versions - so I'd suggest getting 10.1b here on CivFanatics as it's the newest version so far, (and it's newer than the version currently on the ModBrowser).

When I play Archipelago maps the AI almost never settles off their original island, I think it has to do with galley spam. They make so much their entire island is surrounded by the crappy units and nothign can get out. If they get a larger island to start on they will, which I only saw happed once in the 5 times I played so far :/

The AI is inept regarding archipelago maps on vanilla CIV V as well. As for the galleys, turns out there was a error in their flavor ratings which is way they're so rampant at the moment. This has been fixed in the latest upload here on CivFanatics. (The version on the ModBrowser, while also 10.1b, lacks this change - and will continue to do so as re-uploading to there would increase the version number to 10.2 and I'd like to avoid this for now).

Right around the time I got riflemen, all my allied military states started giving me warriors. This happened in 10.1b.

I don't have a save game showing it though.

Strange. :crazyeye: But probably isolated - especially if you started a game in an earlier version and carried it over to 10.1b. If this isn't the case and this is still happening, a clean install of the mod, (following the installation instructions), would be best

Ok, did a clean install of 10.1b, started a new game and the Mausoleum still gives no production bonus (neither to wonders nor units or buildings)

Try the following steps:

1. Delete your cache folder in C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache
2. Delete the contents of the ModUserData folder in C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData
3. Verify your cache and defrag your CIV V files through Steam (right click, properties, local files, verify integrity.
4. Make sure your game is up to date with Patch 1.0.1.383!

And then do another re-install.

No Mods for HotSeat?

ANd there i was, thinking i finally foudn a solution for the crappy Civ 5 AI, gameplay... you name it. :(

Guess i'll be back to Civ IV CCV soon...

Try the following steps:

1. Delete your cache folder in C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache
2. Delete the contents of the ModUserData folder in C:\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData
3. Verify your cache and defrag your CIV V files through Steam (right click, properties, local files, verify integrity.
4. Make sure your game is up to date with Patch 1.0.1.383!

And then do another re-install.

Markus,

I did all that, still the same result, the 15 % production bonus is not working so I checked the xml code:
Are you sure "<Building_ResourceYieldModifiers>" instead of the usual
"<Building_YieldModifiers>" works in this case ?

Markus,

I did all that, still the same result, the 15 % production bonus is not working so I checked the xml code:
Are you sure "<Building_ResourceYieldModifiers>" instead of the usual
"<Building_YieldModifiers>" works in this case ?

That tag has worked in the past - but looking through the core XML, none of the vanilla buildings seem to be using it at the moment, so there's a chance it just doesn't work anymore. I'll change the yield bonus from a % modifier to a flat + modifier.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Just started another game as Siamese and two things appeared odd to me:
- The Wat seems to be worse than the normal University (33% science compared to 40%) - only a tooltip issue?
- I'm not sure since I haven't met all the other players yet but it seems that researching the "Education" tech with another free tech prevents one from getting the free tech promised - however I'm not sure how to really verify this one.

- The Wat seems to be worse than the normal University (33% science compared to 40%) - only a tooltip issue?
- I'm not sure since I haven't met all the other players yet but it seems that researching the "Education" tech with another free tech prevents one from getting the free tech promised - however I'm not sure how to really verify this one.

Unfortunately not - it should be getting 50% Science instead of 40%, as well as a maintenance discount compared to normal Universities. I'll make sure to get this into the next update.

I haven't seen the Education bug yet - but I know there's a few things like this in vanilla CIV V where it's possible to string together multiple free techs through the timing of mouse clicks. (You can read up on it here: http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5025&page=2 around half way down the page). So it wouldn't surprise me if something like this could be bugged as well in certain situations.

I think I can take back the second point - just met another player and he is ahead of me in tech - so he may have had the tech already when I got it by turn 190 on marathon.

I think I can take back the second point - just met another player and he is ahead of me in tech - so he may have had the tech already when I got it by turn 190 on marathon.

Ahh - that makes sense. (One other thing I forgot to mention in the update notes is that the first Civ to circumnavigate the globe gets a +2 movement bonus to it's naval units).

Top Bottom