NiGHTS: General Discussion

How do I get to choose a government? Is the only way to win one of those cultural races? If so, any clues as to winning one? The cultural city-states are 'owned' too well for me to buy my way in & there are no quests from them.
Just started using this mod.

Just started using this mod & running into a problem. After I load the game, after 3-5 turns, I can no longer choose production for my cities.
I am using this mod with info-addict. Are they perhaps not compatible?

it's 1919 with the Celts & I am trying to reload the game but it errors out. I cleaned out the cache but that did not help.
The errors listed in the APP log are of this type
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_BARB_HORSEMAN
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_SETTLER_NIGHTS
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_WORKER_NIGHTS
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_HOLY_KNIGHT
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_TEUTONIC_KNIGHT
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_TEMPLAR_KNIGHT
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_BALLISTA_NIGHTS
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_FRANCE_MUSKETMAN
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_GLADIATOR
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Type not found: UNIT_BARB_SWORDSMAN
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_BARB_HORSEMAN
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_SETTLER_NIGHTS
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_WORKER_NIGHTS
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_HOLY_KNIGHT
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_TEUTONIC_KNIGHT
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_TEMPLAR_KNIGHT
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_BALLISTA_NIGHTS
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_FRANCE_MUSKETMAN
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_GLADIATOR
[4462.985] LOAD ERROR: Unit Class Type not found: UNITCLASS_BARB_SWORDSMAN​

The Database log:
[4345.283] constraint failed
[4345.283] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[4348.449] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[4350.805] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[4350.805] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[4350.805] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[4352.459] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_HITTITE_WARCHARIOT" does not exist in Units
[4352.459] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SUMERIAN_PHALANX" does not exist in Units
[4352.459] Failed Validation.​

Any idea what went wrong?

Try loading up another game with it. If that doesn't fix it, clear those files, and re-download the mods. I believe that's an issue with corruption, but I'm not sure.

I have the same problem like Mazzone92, and seems to me that i can't find the solution.
As i see, the nights mod is updated for patch 1.0.1.06x something, and my version of the game is 1.0.1.075, which is the latest update.
So what's seems to be the problem, can someone answer me please...

Is there a way to slower the research time in nights?
I got it working by increasing the costs for each tech in technologies.xml but that leads to strange effects like civs starting with wrong units.

Hi, the policy screen is cut off for me, whats goin on? Please dont tell me to use a large resolution because I can't.

first bug(maybe?) Are you not supposed to start with a settler? Because.. uhmm... I didn't start with one..
Restarted game, this time i started with settler and mechanized infantry in the ancient Era....Also I was unable to produce anything(i click the production tab and it does absolutely nothing. i really want to play this mod, but so far its 'bug central' (playing with no other mods, deleted cache and mod data)

**UPDATE: that version was apparently 'v121', so i downloaded G&K v5, will see if that works***

*also what if your game isn't hooked up to steam, how do I verify integrity.*

-Also Is there a list of compatible/incompatible mods anywhere? -

~Also does this work with Ynaemp mods (map, and 43 Civ. .dll)?~

New issue with nights after recent "patches" on behalf of steam :crazyeye: now a lot of early turns in ancient...usually when barbarians are doing things and I try to get a few last second clicks in a city or something...

...(which used to never be a problem)...

...is now causing that error where you can't advance the game 'cause it gets stuck on ""choose construction" like i mentioned a year or so ago. Restarting the loaded game is all well and good but it's on the 4th time now! I suppose I can stop clicking but old habits die hard, man! :lol:

*edit* this is when they just released the "scrambled maps" thing.

Does anyone know if Markus Beutel is still making Brave New Nights or whether that has been abandoned?

Thanks

So it's been awhile... Sorry for this lapse of communication everyone - I'm in the last semester of my degree now and will be graduating in April - that's mainly what's been eating up most of my time.

I'm currently shooting for an end-of-April / early May release for Brave New World. Worst case scenario early Summer / 2014. Thanks for sticking with this mod 3-odd years after initial release.

:)

So it's been awhile... Sorry for this lapse of communication everyone - I'm in the last semester of my degree now and will be graduating in April - that's mainly what's been eating up most of my time.

I'm currently shooting for an end-of-April / early May release for Brave New World. Worst case scenario early Summer / 2014. Thanks for sticking with this mod 3-odd years after initial release.

:)

Great:)

I was wondering if you could incorporate these mods into your mod: Barbarians V10, Health & Plauge, Emigration V5, V 2 Race for Religion, & More Luxuries and Optimized Resource Distribution (v 141). I know it is a lot to ask but they are all very good. Also I really enjoy in HITM 2 how eras are separated. If you would like any help with XML coding or play testing I would love to help. I am currently working on a mod to implement some of my gameplay ideas, such as nerfing ranged units & focusing on rock paper scissors mechanic.

Keep it up Markus!
Good to hear you're focusing on the really important things first.
I have to say Nights was the only mod that really blew my mind, especially how you handled the happiness system
and the work you put into balancing the AI made it more enjoyable than even BNW is right now after a few official patches.

I have yet to find another mod that made it so you actually are able to to grow your cities fast and get more of them in the beginning without relying so heavily on luxury resources.
That's still my biggest beef with the current game, the restrictions on expanding early; this and that the AI seemed to handle your system better than vanilla.
And of course you added more choices and dials to specialize cities and the empire.

Great thing to hear that there will be BRAVE NEW NIGHTS sometime in the future ;-)

Top Bottom