Nitram15's Guide to Sculpting

Nitram15

Pro Libertate!
How to: Sculpting! In Blender 2.49a/b

Before we start, I want to let you know, this tutorial is maded for Blender 2.49 version. Newer or Older version won't work.
Everything what is bold is very important thing!

Well, let's start. I keep in spoiler:

Spoiler :
Hi! Scuplting is a very Easy Mode of editing Leaderheads in Blender.

Here are the steps what helps you, to start sculpting.:)

1. Import your NIF.

2. To go to scuplt mode, click to the mesh, then click to scuplt mode like in the picture below.

There are 7 Mode of sculpting. Below, I introduce all.
But, before you do these steps, check in the X Symmetry at bottom of the screen. This is very important!

I. Draw

Draw is a scuplting mode, what is can drawing (deform) the visible vertices, and change their positions. I use it for noses or faces, but be careful with it, because, when you don't careful woth it, your Lh will be ugly!

II. Smooth

Smooth is useful for eyes and mouthes, because it is sucks all in. Here is sa picture what can be do:

III. Pinch

Pinch is works like a vacum. It sucks every visible vertices to one point. It can suck to WHOLE MESH! Useful for make somthing thiner. A picture about Pinch:

IV. Inflate

Inflate is makes things rounder. It can be useful for making a LH fattier or for noses/faces/eyes/cheeks. A picture what can it do:

V. Grab

This is my favourite sculpting mode, and I think it is the best of all! It can grab and move ALL visible vertices what you want to EVERYWHERE! It is good for everything.
A picture:

VI. Layer

Layer is one of the strangest one. It is creates balance between the vertices. Good for the face and the hands. (sometimes for the clothes too)

VII. Flatten

Flatten isn't useful in Civ4. You can't use it for anything, because its function isn't reach our goal. I can say, it is very disappointing. It is sucks the Y/X/Z axis' to one point, like a paper, but from opposite, you can't see anything. You think, maybe it is went far. But not. I can't take picture. Try out!

That was my tutorial. I think maybe it's helpful for many Leaderhead creator, who wants an easy method for editing vertices.

Best wishes, Nitram15.:)

And, I wish all the best again,
by Nitram15.:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 947
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 960
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 950
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 951
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 935
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 916
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 902
Great! When I did this before, it was my fear that I was messing things up. Now I feel reassured. :D Great Tutorial again Nitram15

Yeah! Scuplting is my favorite technique. 3rd easiest way to make a LH more unique, besides changing skin color and adding facial hair. :lol:

Thanks for this.

No matter what I do, clicking etc. no matter which mode of sculpting I use, THERE ARE NO CHANGES on LH.

Can you help me?

yeah, when I'm doing a lot of stuff, Blender becomes the new molasses. :lol:

Please help!
I followed your instructions and I can load the edited lh in NifScope.
But when I load it in the game the part that I edited disappears.
It's invisible!
Spoiler :

And this happens with everything I try to sculp.
I followed your instructions and then I convert it to a nif file.
What am I doing wrong?

I also read some weird Blender messages:"Warning ... does not reside in a textures folder" and others...
No matter what I try to fix it,it remains a failure.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0134.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0134.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 424
Please help!
I followed your instructions and I can load the edited lh in NifScope.
But when I load it in the game the part that I edited disappears.
It's invisible!
Spoiler :

And this happens with everything I try to sculp.
I followed your instructions and then I convert it to a nif file.
What am I doing wrong?

I also read some weird Blender messages:"Warning ... does not reside in a textures folder" and others...
No matter what I try to fix it,it remains a failure.

Try to click on another leaderhead in Civilopedia, then click on your one again. Repeat this 3-4 times, and if it crashes, please tell it to me.

If it doesn't please tell me your Blender data (version, python version, pyffi version and nifskope version). I've never such problem due to sculpting, so I have to check if everything is OK.

It does not crash.
Were can I find that information,
I only know that I downloaded it a while ago,6 months ago or longer.

It works!
Thank you!
But Blender always removes some of the texture files if I export them.

Top Bottom