No Leaderheads

I updated my drivers and it did not help. I only hope a batch is out soon.

Agreed, and it shows everything fine in the civolpedia for me too.

I haven't checked the civolpedia yet Ill try it when I get home from work.

I checked the pedia and the leaderheads show up fine there too.

^^^
Having same problem
There still visable but all garbeled and overlapped, and some are just sorta invisible.
In Civilopedia they look fine, only happens in game.

Never had a problem with this before BTS, vanilla and Warlords worked perfectly... don't know why they would change anything with the leader heads now. =/

Graphics card drivers are up to date, but like I said there was no problems before BTS so I can't see it being anything wrong with drivers or anything.

Yeah, wish someone who specializes in this could help us.

Also haven't had this problem in vanilla and warlords

Must be a pixel shader problem. Da_V_Man, playshogi and King of Town are using Geforce 2/4 MX cards

If the pixel thing was the case, then why doesn't it effect the civilopedia? Seems like that is the exact same animation for the most part.

If the pixel thing was the case, then why doesn't it effect the civilopedia? Seems like that is the exact same animation for the most part.
They are actually different animations. Eg. Look at saladin: when you meet him, he strokes his beard. In the civilpedia, he doesn't. I think there are different animations for different moods, and different ones for the civilopedia.

Another thought: Do the old leaders still show OK, and its just the new (BTS) leaderheads that are missing?

Nope old leaders are all messed up now too since BTS (except in the civilpedia).
So they obviously changed something with them for BTS. Pixel Shading probaly does have something to do with it, because my graphics card is a little old and I'm almost positive it dosent support it.

Just seems kind of stupid that I'd have to go upgrade my graphics card because an expansion pack came out and they changed something they really didnt need to. If it isnt broken don't fix it. :mad: lol

Here is my graphics card information....

GeForce4 MX 4000 128 MB

If you need more info let me know.

mine is a geforce 4000 mx also.....If there are no other suggestions I geuss I gotta go buy a new video card....although some of my leaders eyeballs are behind there face and that is kinda cool LOL.....should I go Geforce or Readon this time???:confused: :mad: :sad: :confused:

I have an nVidia GeForce4 440 64M and I get the same problem.

I am going to reinstall Civ4 Vanilla, Warlords and BtS, and see what happens.

That pretty much confirms it. Wait for Firaxis to provide non-shader leaderheads

Let's hope i want to play bts so bad and this is ruining it for me :(

Does this usually happen? Can anyone confirm that Firaxis provides this down the road?

There were issues with the Geforce 4XXX series with the original game and Warlords and they got fixed. Remember the CTD if Mehmed II was in the game?

I do remember a fix back in the day I just don't remember what it was and how I went about getting. Im not 100% sure if it was a patch or not.

I fixed the Mehmed leaderhead problem by replacing the original graphics files in the relevant folder with some new ones I downloaded from this site.

Top Bottom