No Leaderheads

Hello are we gonna get any answer or help or solution!?

They gave the answer either wait to see if a patch comes out to fix this or upgrade your video card.

Ouch...I feel bad for you guys, sadly, I have no idea. My graphics card is:
GMA 950 64 mb intel integrated card
It works fine. I wish you luck.

Same problem here. Started out with no leader heads, updated my graphics card, and now they're garbled. I have the same kind of graphics card as everybody else with this problem.

Guess we'll have to wait for a patch, or start a petition or club or terrorist organization to get one (we can to rallies!).

OK, this thing was officially released waaaaay too early. Besides just this graphical glitch (the first of many I soon found), I'm now finding game play glitches. I was just playing a game on warlord (sorda an intro game) and found myself 300 points behind by 200 A.D. Now, even I'm not that bad, so I looked close and, sure enough, the game had ceased to give me points for no apparent reason. I also sent a worker to mine a hill. Took another worker two turns later to mine hill right next to it. Second worker finished first.
I had a lot of problems with the original, although they weren't this bad. Please Firaxis (or maybe this is 2k Games fault), finish games before you release them.

I still find my units run half way around the world when I order them to attack, lol!!

It can't be the Graphic Card that is causing the problem, it is the game, in other words a BUG. On the Civilopedia my leaderheads work fine, I can see them moving and everything else. It is just when I start a game that they don't load up properly.

I was just playing a game on warlord (sorda an intro game) and found myself 300 points behind by 200 A.D. Now, even I'm not that bad, so I looked close and, sure enough, the game had ceased to give me points for no apparent reason.
Save? And if you have one, please make a new thread for it.

I also sent a worker to mine a hill. Took another worker two turns later to mine hill right next to it. Second worker finished first.
Ditto. No-one else has ever reported this - without a save or some other evidence, it can't be investigate.

It can't be the Graphic Card that is causing the problem, it is the game, in other words a BUG. On the Civilopedia my leaderheads work fine, I can see them moving and everything else.
They are actually different models - you will see that the actions etc are different.

Ditto. No-one else has ever reported this - without a save or some other evidence, it can't be investigate.

They are actually different models - you will see that the actions etc are different.

I know, just giving my opinion that I don't think it is the Graphics Card...

I've tried reinstalling Civ4 Vanilla, Warlords and BtS but no luck as of yet.

We all have the exact same problem, which no one else has, and we all use the same gfx card. How can it not be the card?

Another MX4000 user here who has bugs with the graphics.

I played the original Civ IV through most of the patches, starting straight out of the box with no issues. When my girlfriend purchased Civ IV, it was unplayable due to her lack of shaders - she bought a new computer anyway, so no big deal. I can't afford a new computer at this time, and while I realize mine doesn't spank anymore (for a while now :p), it was plenty for the original, and should be plenty now.

Anyway, I have the strange leaderheads as well. Some hide behind the buildings so that only their hats show. Some have eyeballs sticking out of their heads and red splotches for mouths. I also have issues with the map - by moving over certain areas, the entire screen goes black. (This last one resembles the shader issue we saw with my girlfriend's old laptop, an issue I've never had before.) Finally, at random times the game freezes altogether.

Updating drivers was the first thing I tried. Ironically, this made the issue worse, not better. I've gone back to Civ IV vanilla, (version 1.61 I believe) and it works perfectly, as always.

It's completely ridiculous to change the specs and animations from the original to an expansion. It's also extremely disappointing. If it truly is a spec change, this should be reflected on the box and in the documentation. If it's a bug that just is, then I'm afraid I might not be able to sustain any excitement for this product long enough for the patch to come out (assuming there will be one).

I can't express how big a let-down this is for me. I'm a civ fan that has purchased every Sid Meier game he's ever seen, since Civ I and before. I know the engines have been becoming larger and more clunky for a while now, but it still hurts on impact.

We don't all have the exact same graphics card.

It's not fair. My Warlords and Vanile Civ4 work fine, but I want to see the new leaders in BtS!

Pixel shaders has been a problem for me for quiet a while, some games i can't remember the names, and I WANT TO PLAY THIS :mad:

Try going into your My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini file and turning off the frozen background by modifying this line:

HideMovieBackground = 1

LL Cool Jay

Maybe I'll try to find the autosave. However the odds of it suddenly working again now that the game has been restarted are pretty good.

Same problems here !! its realy anoying !!
i did not get to the .ini file and put ... = 1 .. anyone did it and does it works?

sds

hunf.. it didn´t work too. It seems that file makes no diference in the graphs of the game.. after modify the file sentence "HideMovieBackground = 1" i deleted the file civilization.ini and the game run the same as before !!!!
some other tips to fix the leaderheads problem? someone???

sds,

I too have the same problem with GeForce Mx 4000 :mad: , I just hope the next patch will have the fix.

regards

Top Bottom