No lines showing relationships :(

lukaszw10

Chieftain
Quick question - what is needed (discovery, building, or maybe something else) to see lines showing relationships (peace, war, alliance, embargo) between factions on the foreign advisor's screen?

To see the international relationships, you need an Embassy with at least one of the Civs in question, and be at peace with that Civ.

Embassies become available with Writing, and setting one up requires a one-off gold-payment, either by you or by the AI (the latter happens more frequently at higher levels/ later stages of a game, when the AIs are less likely to be completely broke!).

You'll be prompted to set up Embassies immediately after you learn Writing, but never again. If you clicked "No" at this prompt (e.g. because you had no gold, or were at war with everyone you'd met so far), you can still set up Embassies later on via the "Espionage" screen -- which you can get to by clicking the little "E" button on the right side of the "currently active unit" box.

Last edited:
In addition to the essential embassies it may also simply matter how you configured F4. Maybe just play a bit with the options there.

In addition to the essential embassies it may also simply matter how you configured F4. Maybe just play a bit with the options there.
Yes, you will want to click the check boxes to enable certain relationships to become visible. I think the default one to show is "peace", which I always turn off. If I see nothing, I assume peace. I want to know who's fighting whom, who's allied with whom, who has an MPP. Locked alliances only happen in certain scenarios, so I usually leave that unchecked.

Locked alliances only happen in certain scenarios, so I usually leave that unchecked.
What is a "locked alliance"? I've never figured that out.

What is a "locked alliance"? I've never figured that out.
Locked alliances are not used in the normal epic game, but they can appear in conquests and scenarios. Here is the definition for locked alliances in the civilopedia:

Locked Alliances.jpg

There can be seldom constellations when a country declares war to another country in the same locked alliance.

Locked alliances are per example used in the Napoleonic Europe conquest:

Napoleonic Europe.jpg

Top Bottom