No Luxuries!

Calder

Warlord
Just started playing my first patched game (v1.22) as Greece, Emperor Lvl, large map, 70% H2O, Continents. Finished settling down my empire as far as it would go to the borders of Germany, and have entered the Middle ages tech. advanced and the largest empire out of 12 civs. Not one single luxury item to be found in my borders. Its hard enough playing on my first level jump from Monarch to Emperor, but to now find this - makes for quite a challenging game! Has anyone else had this? Be interesting to hear the different strategy ideas. I'm used to selling luxuries for large sums of gold, not buying them, so naturally my warmungering plans are underway!

when you have no luxuries of your own, the AI will usually sell you the first 1 relatively cheaply.

look for opportunities to trade surplus resources for luxuries and try to find a backward civ behind in tech that will trade a luxury for an old tech.

I had a emporer game on archi map, where on my continent was only one lux. I couldn't import other ones till navigation. Wasn't that funny.
When your neighbors have some, its time for war. Without any lux the happy slider will drain a lot money from your economy.

Top Bottom