No menu-options visible on planet earths start menu

Oceanrower

Chieftain
I have an 128 MB ATI Fire 2 card and can not see the menu on the first starting page (planet earth). On the introductionlogos from Y2Games and Firafix the screen is blue.

At present time I can not play the game :(

The one that solves my problem gets "a small present" as apreciation.

anomalek

Chieftain
I have this problem periodicallly as well in normal game play. After a crash to desktop that doesn't reboot machine, when I return to game window, menu options are all gone. I can still play if I know the key command shortcuts, but can't do anything else.

Is there a "restore menus" command?

mettux

Chieftain
I had the exact same problem, manually changing the resolution in the config file seems to have fixed it. I set it to 1600*1200 since I have a good vid card, but perhaps just overriding the default does the trick.

Frikutforfaen

Chieftain
Well, I dont have a menu egither... and I tried changing the res. manually, but it didnt do the trick. :sad: I cant see the intro/2kvideo eighter when I start the game. Pointers?

Frikutforfaen

Chieftain
After reading the first post carefully, I notice we got the EXACT same problem. But I'm using a 128mb ATI radeon mobility (9600). After changing the res manually, it seems I'm actually able to press some buttons on the (non-visible) menu, but I cant start the game (prolly not pressing the right buttons). But anyway, all help aprecciated.

Noob!

Chieftain
mettux said:
I had the exact same problem, manually changing the resolution in the config file seems to have fixed it. I set it to 1600*1200 since I have a good vid card, but perhaps just overriding the default does the trick.

I have trobule finding the file, where a bouts is it?

Thankz a lot :goodjob: :spear:

rosscads

Chieftain
I too am using a 128MB ATI Fire GL T2 graphics card in my IBM Thinkpad and I experienced the exact same problem with the menus not appearing on startup.
Manually setting the resolution in the config file will not fix the problem. I tried manually lowering my resolution as described above but the problem remained afterwards.
The correct solution is to apply the latest game patch (v1.5.2) from Firaxis. You can get it through the civfanatics patch page. After applying the v1.5.2 patch to my machine, I have no problem playing the game in high-res, high-graphics mode with my Fire GL graphics card.

Top Bottom