No Multiplayer with PC folks

tcjsavannah

Wow, it's been a while...
So I installed the Mac version on my MacBook and tried taking it into a multiplayer game with some of my online (PC) friends.

When I hosted the game and invited others, they'd appear in the game room for a brief second or two, then get kicked back out because they are told it was a "version mismatch."

When I tried to join a game they hosted, I'd see the game room briefly before being exited back out with no explanation, and they reported seeing me connect briefly, then disconnecting.

What gives? Will Mac simply be a single-player version while I have to slog it out on Bootcamp to play multiplayer?

It doesn't indicate there will be no Mac-Windows gameplay — simply, as reported, that different versions aren't allowed to play each other. Will take an upgrade or two for both sides to bring them into sync.

any update on this one? I'd love to get htis working, basically bugged my buddy for three weeks to buy it for mac so we could play asap. now thanksgiving, and i want to be thankful for a sweet lan game (coolest kid ever!).

also does the macintosh version for others say "exit to windows" when in game? are we just at the mercy of waiting for a new patch so they can play well together? any help to get these games working would be incredible.

any update on this one? I'd love to get htis working, basically bugged my buddy for three weeks to buy it for mac so we could play asap. now thanksgiving, and i want to be thankful for a sweet lan game (coolest kid ever!).

also does the macintosh version for others say "exit to windows" when in game? are we just at the mercy of waiting for a new patch so they can play well together? any help to get these games working would be incredible.

I think you simply can't get them working together... but on the bright side since it's SteamPlay, you could temporarily setup a BootCamp partition or play in Crossover Games (kinda can't handle 3d mode though, but I'm up to turn 280 on my MBP and I am forced to play in Strategic mode anyway because the game is unusably slow!!!!!!).

Do we know for sure this will eventually work? All my friends are PC users and I really want to play with them. Are we just shooting from the hip guessing that it will work? or is there official confirmation?

Top Bottom