No Stone

3iff

Chieftain
Just finished a game, BTS, Huge, Tectonics, temperate and there is no stone in the world.

Has this sort of thing happened to others? (not necessarily stone missing but some important resource)?

i would be suprised if there were no iron and copper...

i've tried a map with no marble or stone... ._.

You would think with a huge map there would be plenty of room for stone to pop up somewhere. I've read on other parts of this forum where that Tectonics map is kinda a strange one.

I had a game in which I swear there was no coal! When the game wrapped up I tried looking everywhere for it! I couldn't find it anywhere! Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, you would think coal is a necessary thing in a game!

I had a game where there was no iron the main continent (4 civs) but 2 on the island with the other civs

I had a game in which I swear there was no coal! When the game wrapped up I tried looking everywhere for it! I couldn't find it anywhere! Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, you would think coal is a necessary thing in a game!

I've had this same issue pop up once or twice before, no coal anywhere on the face of the planet. I figured it had to be some kind of bug, cause with the abundance of coal you usually see what are the odds?

It's funny I had this same problem as well but on continets maps. It's just bad rolls is what it is just be glad it wasn't no copper or iron. I even had a map with no luxuries on one continent which is where I had started.

Give one civ an island with strategic resources, the others a ton of food and health...could be an interesting game! Will all the 'barbarians' join together against the superpower? Make it Rome, just for the sake of history! :)

I once had a map with no Coal, no Oil and no Uranium.
I think it was a bug.

Althou the memory of Infantry being faried across the sea in sail ships still makes me laugh.

Generally I only play fractal, hemipheres,continents or terra maps, and all strategic resources are always present (iron,coal,alu,stone,..) Sometimes some luxury resources like silk or silver are missing, but that's totally fine with me. These maps are fine-tuned perfectly!

Ai... we do not speak his name here. But he is there, beneth the waves, hoarding it all for him self...

The voices, oh all the voices...
Spoiler The god in question :
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Cthulhu_and_R%27lyeh.jpg

Ive had a map with no horses it was a small size map probably big and small. Ive also been on a large continent with no Iron or copper but there were sources available in other places in the world. It seems like its random so there is always a chance of some resource not being available.

Some of the "gimmick" maps are devoid of certain resources. The Great Plains maps seem to have no Incense, Spices, Ivory, Banana, Rice, Crabs, or Clams. I usually WB them in to the appropriate areas at game start.

bah. try spending all your time preparing for a conquest victory when there is only one uranium resource.

Wow, now that you mention it I do remember there being missing resources when I played Great Plains. I have always just thought that the map generator made sure every resource got on there, don't think I've ever had one missing on maps like terra and continents.

Top Bottom