no text

Arashi1822

Chieftain
ok, this is weird... all text is gone... once it gets to the title screen where you can choose all your play options like new game, load, etc... all the buttons are there, but the text is gone... I even clicked the button where I think it's the load game, and the next screen no text either... and yes, i tried verifying files before I posted this... i was playing just fine yesterday...

Without knowing more details about your machine-specs (OS = Win10?) and Civ3-installation (CD or download? From where?), it's going to be difficult for anyone to diagnose your problem, let alone suggest any specific solution to it.

Like, it sounds as though your labels.txt file has been wiped (that is, the file still exists, but all the text-entries have been replaced by blank lines) — but I have zero idea how that could even happen.

So I have to ask, are you playing using the Steam version of Civ3, and/or was there an update (to your Civ3-installation or to your OS) recently?

This happens when you start a ton of new games without restarting the civ3 application, like when trying to get a nice starting location. It's just a glitch that's fixed by a restart.

I have not known this.

Never before seen this either.

But by the way: shouldn't the "Bug Reports" forum be moved to "Technical Support" instead of being under "General Discussions"?! :confused:

Top Bottom