No Turrets yet? Request for jewelry modelers

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
In the real world of physics weapon systems though increase in size/weight as they do increase in firepower....

As time goes by, and technology allows more and more systems to be installed on a hull, the way GalcivII handles weapons becomes an unrealistic: Basicaly one is required to add more of the same weapons. In GalcivII weapons not only get more powerful- they take less space too :confused:

What I'd like to see is some gun turrets as jewelry. I.e. double and tripple barrels (taking away twice and thrice the space, respectively) instead of having to add all those guns in single mounts- its also a great cosmetic improvement to what we have right now- i dont really want to have to add 18 separate weapon systems in later stage games. A handful of turrets would instead ease micromanagement, should look neat and make weapon placement more realistic.

Small ships carry small weapon systems, and large ships carry large ones-
A destroyer will have a few small calibre gun turrets, the cruiser a few turrets with twin or tripple guns, and finaly the battleship enjoys the priviledge of- not more turrets than the cruiser, but bigger calibre guns in those.

With some of the pieces available in the ship builder, you can make your own turrets. :) A couple of the block pieces should give you something closely resembling one of those Imperial turbolaser turrets on the Death Star.....

something like this I'd like (of course without the tank underneath)

... and then to add this as weapons module with dual (tripple respectively) damage factor and size. This way, only large ships will be able to field such powerfull weapons (as in the case of real life physics and warfare)

Since there's no tactical combat and no fields of fire in GC2, basically, every weapon already acts like it's turretted.

Master of Orion 2 introduced such details into its tactical battles, but its predecessor (the truly awesome Master of Orion I :worship: ) demonstrated that good tactical combat can be had without such details. Personally, I liked MOO1 better.

Uhm- I don't really know if you are getting it: This is a thread for 3d modders to make a custom piece of hull jewelry looking like a turret (double and/or tripple) so I and everyone who likes such details can add it to the game and mod it in such a way that it will be used as a weapon system! Its not about me asking for the Stardock team do add anything- I can mod it myself if I only get a propper piece of jewelry worth while of doing so :(

there is a jewelry that is a rectangle that can be used for turrets.(not the one from your pic)

something like this I'd like (of course without the tank underneath)

... and then to add this as weapons module with dual (tripple respectively) damage factor and size. This way, only large ships will be able to field such powerfull weapons (as in the case of real life physics and warfare)

hey thats a terran siege tank from starcraft isnt it! :nono:

Top Bottom