Nominations for First Chairman

Let's see... back to work from vacation with all that means, and SGOTM08 starting in two weeks... hmm... argh... alright, I volonteer to play, though I'd be happy to let someone else take the wheel if there are other volonteers.

I've certainly got time to play the turns as the Council directs if it is needed.
Appreciated. I'm sure you won't carry any thoughts of revenge for GONG's fate with you and everybody else involved in this game should see this similar.

If FREE will use that (commitment of former Gongers) to back their second thoughts about our attitude, this is just a false pretense for plans they'd have anyway. They used weaker pretenses before... :rolleyes:

So for me it's okay if Prince plays some turns if Niklas is too busy.
However if any Councillors object, please feel free to post here, I'm sure this decision is not obvious and there might be valid arguments to keep former Gongers from the big chair for e.g. a certain amount of turns - kind of probation we might also impose on other new members... :dunno:

I certainly don't mind PrinceMyshkin playing, and I don't see the sense in any probation, but we should definitely take FREE's wariness into account. I'm not sure how wise it is to let him play while things are as they are with FREE. Maybe I should play the next 5 turns, and hope that things normalize with FREE, and PM can take over after that?

Or maybe PM can play the turns, and me or someone else does the Turn Tracker posts for a while... :mischief:

I'd be fine with that, too. But is it against the rules? Here's the rule on the save from the MTDGII Ruleset thread.

1.1 - The Save
All teams are required to play the save within 24 hours, unless they request an extension in the Turn Tracker thread. After playing the save, they must send it to the next team via email. Additionally, the turnplayer must post in the Turn Tracker thread to indicate the save has been sent. The next team's 24 hours begins after said post.

Hmm, it does seem to be expressely against the rules then. Too bad, but I guess there's a reason for that too.

Then I propose that I play the upcoming 5 turns (I should have more time before SGOTM08 starts on the 12th) while we do what we can to calm FREE, and PrinceMyshkin can take over after that.

Well, the rule says that, but I'm sure it was just written that way to make sure the "sent" message was sent, and not to ensure that the turnplayer actually sends it...

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that rule. I think there was at least once when our turn player forgot to post in that thread and I did the post. It was never a big deal.

But I do agree it would be prudent to wait a bit before having PrinceMyshkin play for us.

Seeing how FREE has now accepted peace, would it be alright for me to hand over the chair to PrinceMyshkin? Playing is great fun, but I do find myself a bit short on time. :sad:

Not to mention that several cities, towns and metropolises are rioting because they have lost confidence in your leadership! :gripe:

Down with Councillor Niklas!! We need a change in leadership to restore our standing in the toroid world! :salute:

j/k

No problem here. Prince has already proven to be a valuable addition to The Council.
:salute:

I'm fine with that. :thumbsup:

Great, thanks a lot PrinceMyshkin! :)

This seems like as good a place as any to say this:

Thanks for the great turns played summaries PrinceMyshkin! You give the Council time to deliberate when needed. You follow any consensus we reach and also have a nice balance of acting on other suggestions or explaining why a suggestion isn't followed. You always give the rationale for any decisions you make. Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

Top Bottom