Non-Critical Gameplay Problems

I don't know if in version 18 the following problem is fixed: i was unable to build the Statue of Goma... the holy building of Janaism with a Great Prophet in the Holy City. There was no symbol to choose the statue.

No, it has not been fixed. I did not know it was a problem. Now I do and have added t to my list. ;)

another issue for me are the wrong skins of (subdued and barbarian) animals. They look like knights (rhinos, crocodiles, giraffes) or horse archers (boars). Especially the crocodiles are confusing^^

Very strange is also: the skins are changing during the game. In most times the animals are shown as knights or horse archers but sometimes it changes to the real skin and then back to knights again.

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 69
another issue for me are the wrong skins of (subdued and barbarian) animals. They look like knights (rhinos, crocodiles, giraffes) or horse archers (boars). Especially the crocodiles are confusing^^

Very strange is also: the skins are changing during the game. In most times the animals are shown as knights or horse archers but sometimes it changes to the real skin and then back to knights again.

DH can answer better because I think he mentioned this. I believe it's related to your graphics settings for the game. You need to have the High Detail Terrain checked and maybe some other settings higher to keep the correct skins. I think most people run at the higher settings and don't experience those "mis-skins."

Well, maybe that's the reason. I set them down because it made my game faster and led to less ctd. Although my hardware should be able to manage large games: Intel Core i7 860, Radeon HD5770, 8GB DDR3 and Win7 64 Bit i had bad memory allocations in late games on high-res.

I can explain that... and yeah, that's pretty much it. When you're on low graphics settings, 'skinned' creatures will show up as their original meshes when not in motion. The 'skinning' process is a modders trick really... most of these units are built on the animation and polygon design of another unit and the skin is just a paintover. The low graphics setting seems to not agree with this paint over method and shows us the original through the curtain when the unit is not being animated.

I run on the lowest graphic without problem, it seem the problem is with the frozen animation (I think that's the name but I don't have the game open) I remember someone said it in the RIFE or the MOM forum, just try maybe it will help.

Well, maybe that's the reason. I set them down because it made my game faster and led to less ctd. Although my hardware should be able to manage large games: Intel Core i7 860, Radeon HD5770, 8GB DDR3 and Win7 64 Bit i had bad memory allocations in late games on high-res.

Maybe bump up texture quality and lower AA if you have that on? If you start to crash late game, you can always tone it down. Koshling has also been improving performance, so where an older version may have been flaky, the current may work much better. And it isn't just the code and machine he's improved upon, but there have been weird in-game issues that could have caused crashes that are fixed now.

Koshling was making some adjustments to how the dll calculates - values... he may have touched on that in a way that could use some editing. I have a feeling he could retrace the cause of that error fairly quickly... I've also been thinking it may have a lot to do with some of the crashes we're getting where some calculations aren't quite running correctly.

Koshling was making some adjustments to how the dll calculates - values... he may have touched on that in a way that could use some editing. I have a feeling he could retrace the cause of that error fairly quickly... I've also been thinking it may have a lot to do with some of the crashes we're getting where some calculations aren't quite running correctly.

I am playing a game trying to not everything that is not quite right. You should see the list of work for me! :blush:

Is this a repsonse to the '=' issue in messages? If not what post was it a response to? I'll look at the message generation shortly.

Some messages are getting an "=" sign in them. I have only seen it on reporting negative :hammers: and :gold:. See attachments.

Pinned down (I think) the worker action hover bug, but the corporation spread one is more ellusive. The worker action case is an OLD bug and it's erratic (depends on how unallocated memory happens to be valued). Can I have a save game with the corporation spread example please - I need a test case for that one to try to pin down the exact cause.

Is this a response to the '=' issue in messages? If not what post was it a response to? I'll look at the message generation shortly.

yes... was just a theory as to what could've been generating that new effect considering recent changes. I mean no offense at all so please don't take it as a criticism so much as a suggestion that the issue COULD be an unforseen result of some of those recent adjustments to the way the dll looks at some negative values. I would figure you would know a lot more about the issue all in all (whether connected to aforementioned adjustments or not ;) )

i am confused about the " scout " unit. i discovered tracking but cannot build one though it is displayed on the popup and in the civilopedia. cant upgrade the wanderer to a scout either.

is it a bug or did you take this unit out?

Pinned down (I think) the worker action hover bug, but the corporation spread one is more ellusive. The worker action case is an OLD bug and it's erratic (depends on how unallocated memory happens to be valued). Can I have a save game with the corporation spread example please - I need a test case for that one to try to pin down the exact cause.

Attached is the save. I have some extra units (animals only) and buildings (animal related) in my game.

This is the furthest (modern era) I have been with C2C in a long time! I did not even have to drop to lowest graphics settings until the late industrial era. You must be doing something right:goodjob:.

i am confused about the " scout " unit. i discovered tracking but cannot build one though it is displayed on the popup and in the civilopedia. cant upgrade the wanderer to a scout either.

is it a bug or did you take this unit out?

A screen shot would help us here, because if you have tracking you should be able to build the scout. Also if you have enough money and the wanderer is in your territory you should be able to upgrade it.

Attached is the save. I have some extra units (animals only) and buildings (animal related) in my game.

This is the furthest (modern era) I have been with C2C in a long time! I did not even have to drop to lowest graphics settings until the late industrial era. You must be doing something right:goodjob:.

Ok, fixed and pushed to SVN. It was actually quite a widespread OLD (RoM/AND) bug with certain string generation routines. Basically it was passing 8-bit character strings where UNICODE was expected. Since the strings in question were 1 character strings, and UNICODE for the normal ASCII characters is <ASCII code>,<0> it was getting away with it provided the bytes AFTER the string were also 0s. If they weren't, then spurious characters would appear, and if you got unlucky a crash.

Top Bottom