NotW XXXVII - The Party [Game Thread]

Sprig

めんどくさい
Night Zero​

Lightfang the Laughing King invited all the guests inside the banquet hall. They all trooped inside lured by the smell of the wonderful food and drink awaiting them. There however seems to be a problem as their were only 22 places set at the table and somehow their number had increased to 29. The Guests looked at each other blankly for a moment and then there was a mad dash and scrambling of chairs as guests tried secure their place. The King Roared with Laughter and the mad scramble and nodded Seon the Mage you conjured up another table from nowhere. Not to be out done the Civplayah the Eater of Dreams, summoned the chairs and dinnerware. Soon all the Guest were comfortably seated and enjoying a fine feast.

After the meal some took there leave and wondered around the grounds or found nice comfy places to let the wine and food settle. All of a sudden there was a mad scream and Sprig the Mayor, came running back into the Banquet hall. There was an unmistakable look of terror on his face the there was the unmistakable head of the Cruel Taskmaster in his arms. All eyes turn to him and the bodiless head in his arms and the Mayor stopped in front of the King.

“the Mayor killed the Taskmaster” yelled out the Landlubber the Drunken Pirate.
“Don’t be silly!” Said the King. “I think you’ll find it was him.”​

The Laughing King long arm raised up and pointed to the back of the hall. Standing there, larger than life, was a monstrous werewolf holding what remained of the Taskmaster. The look of terror that occupied the face of the Mayor, spread to all those around him. Only Remake20 the Stoned Knight held firm, probably because he didn’t know any better.

“I’ll take care of him” the Stoned Knight yelled​

He ran towards the werewolf as if to tackle it. The werewolf paid him little heed and threw the body of the Taskmaster at him. The body connected with the Knight and he slid backwards across the polished floor as the Wolf leaped across the hall in the direction of the Mayor. The Wolfs claws stretched out and latched onto the Mayors left arm.

“Get him” yelled the King, instilling courage into those around him.​

The guests that were in the room circled around the werewolf. The Werewolf started spinning around. With his claw still wrapped around the Mayors Left Arm, the Mayor started to spin round with him. The guests tried to close in but the spinning body of the Mayor kept them at a distance. Eventually the Werewolf pulled with such force that the Mayors arm came detached from his body and started to sail through the air. The guests parted to avoid the Flying body and watched it sail through the air towards The Stoned Knight as he was only just getting back to his feet. With a great ‘Thud’ the Mayors body collided with the Knight. The Werewolf leaped through the created opening and bounded towards the Door. He stopped and turned.

“I am not the only Werewolf here. Can you find us all before we kill you? I think not” He spat.​

He then turned and disappeared into the Palace Grounds. The Mayor lay helpless on the floor tangles up with the Knight. Blood poured profusely out of his arm socket covering the unlucky Knight in red ooze. The guests circle around the Mayor and one guest even offered a hand to help pick the poor Knight up.

“Do you think he is dead” ventured one wary guest.
“If he is dead, why is he still bleeding?” countered another.​

The mayor was indeed still alive, his mouth was full of blood, he knew who his attacker was. He tried to say the name. but all that came out was a garbled sound.

“See, he is still alive” Declared the previous Speaker
“Someone should save him“ Suggested the Foolish Slave.
“Not me” Said the Knight “He freaking bleed all over me, it was disgusting!”​

All the guests looked blankly at each other. None of them wanted to be covered in blood either. The Laughing King Strolled over at looked at the body.

“Will you look at that! He is changing colour”​

And indeed the poor Mayor was. He had turned a deathly white.

“Maybe he just needs some food” Said the Bloody Butcher​

Everyone agreed this was a good idea, and sent the Mighty Dragon-Slayer to go fetch some chicken. He ran across to the table and picked up a chicken drumstick. He ran all the way back and forced it into the mouth of the Mayor.

“That should do the trick” He declared proudly
“Wait!” Cried out the Foolish Slave again. “He is changing colour again”
“Cool, we should place bets on which colour he will turn!” Grinned the Pretentious Goblin​

Whoever bet Blue, won a decent stash. With the chicken lodged in his windpipe, there was no chance the Mayor could tell them who the werewolf was. He died slowly cursing each of the guests in vain. The King looked at the Mayor die. A weird look of delight was on his face. He tuned slowly to the Duke Blackstone the Mighty Dragon-Slayer.

“Here have a cookie”
“Gee, thanks” Replied the Dragon-Slayer as he happily munched away.​

And with that the guests left the body of the Mayor and went to sleep for the night. In the morning they all woke up nice and refreshed, excited for the next day and the fun and games that awaited them.

Notes
*Forgive any spelling mistakes.
*Also there is creative licence. Those characters and names mentioned are not excluded in anyway of being Guilty.

Rules.

Objective:
The object of Night of the Werewolves is similar to Mafia. In this case, there are a group of people within the town who are secretly werewolves. At night the Werewolves (or similar bad group) will kill a member of the town. If you are innocent, it is you job to accuse/vote for a player, during the day phase, who you think is guilty of being a Werewolf. The player that has the most accusations at the end of the day phase is lynched by the rest of the town.

In this game, it is the objective of the Werewolves to outnumber the town. And it is the object of the town to lynch all the werewolves.

Please note that a number of terms maybe different from your normal mafia game. It is my intention to preserve the integrity of what made a NOTW special.
Spoiler Mini NOTW glossary :
Mini glossary
NOTW term – Explanation (Mafia term)

Innocent – Innocent member of the town. (townie)
Werewolf – Guilty member of the town (Mafia)
Accusation – an accusation against a member of town who you may think is guilty (vote)
Prophet – someone who scans Alignment (or other role stats) of another player (Scanner/Cop)

PM – a private message[sent through the forums private message system] (private communication)

Time Cycle:
The game will alternate between 48 hour days and 24 hour nights. During the daytime, accusations votes may be made, and public messages may be posted. During the night, player abilities may be used in secret by PM'ing the GM. Private Messages may be sent regardless of the time of day.

There might be extensions of time depends on whether I have time to do write ups and what not.

Voting:
There will be no voting, just accusations. At the end of the day cycle, a player will be killed. For the first day, this will require at least 50% of the accusations, after that more than the runner up is the only thing needed. You will not be required to accuse in a certain format, just bolding ([b][/b]) will be sufficient. I would prefer if you did not use the words ‘vote: player X’ as it is out of character. Please see the Role-playing rule. To remove an accusation from a player, please use the bold ([b][/b]) and strikeout ([s][/s]) tags

Example–
- “I know that the King Perpentech is a Werewolf“
- ”Actually I was wrong about King Perpentech. It is actually the Mayor Sprig who is the werewolf”

There will however be voting for Items that are usually left behind after a person is lynch or killed. Voting for these items will be in a similar manner as an accusation above. The only difference is that items will be associated with a colour.

Example
- “I think the Mayors Necklace should go to Mayor Sprig, he is the Mayor after all.“

Roles:
Before the game starts every player will sent a PM giving them there role for the game. The role PM will tell you your Public Role, Alignment, Victory condition, Ability/abilities, Any Items you carry, Personal Goal & Background.

This is a sample role PM. The Alignment and Victory condition below belong to an innocent. Sanity, Abilities. Items and Personal Goal will very between players.
Spoiler Sample Role PM for Sprig :
The Insipid Mayor - Sprig

Role:
The Insipid Mayor

Alignment:
Innocent

Sanity
Insane

Victory Condition:
Remove all threats to the King.

Abilities:
Lynch Immunity – Item enabled Ability

items:
Mayors Necklace – Grants the holder immunity from the lynch.

Personal Goal:
Avoid being killed by the Werewolf

Background:
You are the longest serving Mayor in Jubilees history. To be fair it wasn’t hard to break the last record of 6 weeks. You were voted into the position like most of the previous Mayors without even running as a candidate. Despite not being a very lucky position you have held fast to your strong sense of duty. Surely all the bad luck cannot continue…

Role-playing:
This is not a holdfast rule but please try to stay in-Character, and do not just make a post that just contains an accusation. It is not hard to add a little flavour. Each of you will have a role and will receive a role PM with a brief background story. Please use this (and embellish if you want) to help add a little flavour to your posts.

Items:
This game will contain items, not all characters will have items but they should be common. Most items are linked to abilities. This means that they may enable an ability for any character that posses that item or alternately may link to a persons specific ability. So while an item may be useless in your hands it may hold value in another’s. And finally not all items will grant an ability and some are next to useless.

Items can be passed in private to another player through PMing the ‘Host’. It is also possible to ‘show’ the item to another player again by PMing the ’Host’

Abilities:
Most characters will have an ability. If not they will be able to gain one through acquiring items. There are two types of abilities. Active and Passive.
Active – Will require you to pm the GM in order to activate the ability. An example of this is the Werewolf character sending in and order to active his kill ability on a specific target.
Passive – Will automatically happen if the required prerequisites are met. An example of this is in the Mayors sample pm above. The mayors ability would active once the prerequisite of ‘receiving the most accusations in a day phase’

Communication Etiquette:
Regarding public messages; Do Not Talk at Night. Also if you're dead, don't make any posts regarding the game.

Regarding private messages; there's a reason they're called private. Don't directly copy and paste quotes from private messages into other private messages or into public posts. Summarize them if you want, but don't give a word-for-word quote, and don't give the impression that you're doing so. The big exception here is if you know that the recipient has already seen the PM in question - that is, you can see on your copy of the PM that it was also forwarded to the third party. This exception is there just because it makes group discussions over CFC's PM system a lot more convenient. Similarly no direct copying of IM logs either.

Finally, remember that this last rule goes doubly for any PMs you have from the GM - do not, under any circumstances, copy and paste your ability description, your Alignment, your victory condition, or anything else from your starting PM. The same goes for confirmations of ability use or whatever. Summarize it if you want, but word-for-word quotes are not permitted.

Activity:
There will be no WOG for Activity. However if you deliberately break the rules my hammer will fall swiftly.

Alignment upon Death:
There will be no reveal upon death. But there may be clues to background

Player List

Alive - 6/29

Victors
Daveshack the Hardy Blacksmith
Robbiecon the Dwarven Druid
Cartharsis the Feisty Mimic

Defeated
Drumstudent the Colourful Jester
RRRaskolnikov, the Stoned Knight

Lightfang (Perpentach) the Laughing King

Dead - 23/29
NPC the Cruel Taskmaster - Dismembered - Night 0
Sprig the Mayor of Jubilee - Choked - Night 0
Earthling the Zealous Zealot - Dismembered - Night One
j65536d the Crazy Orphan - Accidently Lynched - Day Two
Seon the Curious Mage - Dismembered - Night Two
Darth Caeser the Dashing Swordsman - Lynched - Day Three
Joooray the Bloodthirsty Orc - Perished - Day Three
dcmort93 the Bloody Butcher - Lynched - Day Four
Classical_hero the Foolish Slave - Dismembered - Night Four
Domination3000 the Paranoid Priest - Accidently Lynched - Day Five
Rhawn the Glorious Harlequin - Dismembered - Night Five
Choxorn the Dancing Bear - Detonated - Night Five
Winston Hughes the Pretentious Goblin - Detonated - Night Five
Renata (Witherington, III,) the Upper-Class Twit - Detonated - Night Five
Civplayah the Irritated Eater of Dreams - Detonated - Night Five
Duke Blackstone the Mighty Dragon-Slayer - Detonated - Night Five
Camikaze the Grotesque Freak - Detonated - Night Five
The13thRonin the Raving Lunatic - Accidently Lynched - Day Six
J-Man the Brave Adventurer - Dismembered - Night Six

Takhisis the Cute Bear-cub - Accidently Lynched - Day Seven
Autolycus the Fanatical Apprentice - Dismembered - Night Seven
Landlubber the Drunken Pirate - Detonated - Night Seven

DiamondEye the Beautiful Courtesan - Detonated - Day Eight

Updates

Morning One

All the guests both invited and uninvited gathered again in the great banquet hall for breakfast. There was now only 27 of them. The King looked bored and he lay sidelong in his chair. He motioned towards Bestrfcplayer the Colourful Jester, who stood up and cleared his throat.

“The King has declared that the Werewolf or Werewolves must be among us here at this table. It is up to us to accuse those that we think are guilty. Also, he wants to know which games we want to play in the meantime. Also, he has a more cookies.”

((OOC: See the two people I'd like to accuse based on role descriptions are the priest and the zealot. What to do?))

"Oh-humm," the Beautiful Courtisane says with a smile through her pursed lips, her perfume hanging heavily in the air around her, almost tranquilizing the nearby swordsman and orc. "My stepfather and his brother taught me this really great childhood game we could play! It's really only for three people, but I guess we can be more if everyone can wait for their turns..." She sends a skeptical look to the bears and the orphan. "Though I must admit, I've never... With a bear. Oh well, there's a first time for everything."

I like whack-a-hamster myself. I don't like the looks of The13thRonin, he tries too hard with all the raving, I think he could be faking.

The dragonslayer finishes his cookie, and opens his mouth, displaying perfect teeth:
"Gee, I dont like the way Darth Caeser the Dashing Swordsman looks at the Beautiful Courtesan... And the color he turned when she suggested her game.."

The dragon slayer points over to the Swordsman "Yes look how red he is! This is our culprit! We should leave as bait for a dragon, so he will be forced to assume his reaaal identity. Yessss... Dragons and Bait! We should play Bait the Dragon! You taunt it, and run away, then touch it, and run away! Everyone should do it, its soo fun! First one it kills looses!"

I like whack-a-hamster myself. I don't like the looks of The13thRonin, he tries too hard with all the raving, I think he could be faking.

Indeed... Indeed... Lies and deceit... Add a pinch of salt and AHA! Tastes just like a chicken... Fools all... Running from death... Not this one... Puppet Masters can pull their strings... A slave hangs from them but what of a man whom hangs himself? I will not dance your dance my beautiful salty chicken and I think that instead I The13thRonin would rather hang. The blind lead the blind and I am naught but the one who ties the ropes...

Mark these words. Regret you will become.

In my opinion, I think we should play the game of Whacking a hamster using A long wooden club towards that little red flag on that nice green meadow yonder until it falls into the mouth of a waiting crocodile there. I shall call this game...GOLF!

And where is that man Earthling...

Autolycus is what Random.org says. And i'd love to play Russian Roulette, just like me and my friends did in Junior High, a real shame about johnny though :(.

Autolycus is what Random.org says. And i'd love to play Russian Roulette, just like me and my friends did in Junior High, a real shame about johnny though :(.

Who is this random.org, and how can i meet this prophet?

He is a Elvish Wizard thingamabob, to be worthy of him you must kill a monsterous beast in the Elven woods.

My good customer random.org has told me that Camikaze is probably a werewolf
I however always liked Risk as a kid

I don't think we should lynch anyone yet. I don't know, that's just what I think.

Abstain

I abstain on what game to play, I don't have any strong feelings on what game to play.

Lightfang does not like those who abstain from his games...

Top Bottom