NukaNESIOT I: Regicide Roulette (V 0.1)

So I can say we are dead even on votes. I am going to give a slight extension on votes. When I wake up tomorrow, I hope to see AT LEAST one vote. Vote changes are not permitted.

Time for a diarchy, what do you think?

And hopefully, only two candidates are even? A triarchy would be quite confusing.

A little bird whispers from the dark corner to your rear left.

"Next vote for Lusovine gets Minister of Coin."

But when you look, there is nobody there.

Whoever makes the tipping vote for the sensible choice for the nation's throne, (me) will be granted a tower, funded by the crown, and the title of general in his majesty's army.

My supporters will not be forgotten.

Link to video.

The Second Election

The streets of the capital were allegedly in morning. Though the Cardinals insisted on at least a week of public grieving, it was not clear if the nobility or the commoners took it as a bigger joke. If anything the nobility were quietly celebrating the death of the “boring” Queen Violla. After all, those who had been shunned from power now saw a new potential to grab power for themselves. And some few were simply unwilling to be pawns in this game any longer, with House von Merchanteg and House Sidhe both leaving the capital, unwilling to be pawns in this game for the throne.

When the mourning officially ended, the Cardinals once more summoned the nobility. It was clear from the vote of no confidence that was proposed, as well as the assassination of the Queen, that her heir would not be guaranteed the support of the nobility, despite having the best claim to the throne. In fact, the scion of House Aubrey did not even receive a single vote. Though Lord Sonereal again offered himself as a candidate for monarch, the focus shifted towards two candidates; the High Lord Gregory of House Lusovine, and the Lord-Castellan Jacque de Franz of House Altmarc. The two frontrunners were an incredible shock; the former the killer of the Lords von Merchantag and Orlov, and the latter the instigator of the killing of the Queen! Duke Vladimir could not turn his father’s support into a bid for the throne, while Lady Kaori stayed silent the entire time, calculating and observing. Unlike the first election, clouded in secrecy, this one was dominated more by a shouting match. There was barely a difference between the two; both promised money and power to those who supported them, as well as a guarantee of war against Drachma. For the Cardinals, the election was far less dramatic, as most did not bother with actually submitting in ballots, but rather simply stood to the side of their preferred candidate. And while normally the Cardinals would not force anyone to take part in the election, the sides were dead even and it looked as if a brawl were about to take place. Unwilling to see the conclave desecrated, the Head Cardinal ordered those who had not voted to cast a ballot.

With the Head Cardinal clearing his throat, the Gendarmerie flooded into the room to separate the two sides. “If it may please my lords and ladies, I have an announcement. The results are in. Your new monarch is…..

Jacque de Franz of House Altmarc! Long live the King!”

…….. For now

-------------

OOC:

Zappericus is King! Congrats! I will have a PM for you shortly, but as of now I am just very tired. Long week for me XD

Sorry for the quality of this update, will not happen again :(

Some more PMs will be sent out to relevant parties. As always, please PM me if you'd like a clarification on your stats!

EDIT: Too late. ignore this.

Congratulations, my dear King! I can only hope that your reign is long and fruitful, and that House Ambre promises it's best to to assure that Elodas will prosper! Prosperity for all, now and eternally!

Long live the King! May his reign be fruitful and prosperous, and he not forget his friends on his rise to power.

Hey guys! Word from Nuka-

I have been super busy these past few says with graduation stuff and filling out mass amounts of applications, and when I am not, vegging out on Civ V (Just beat immortal difficulty)! I am at this point, 32(!!!!!!!!!!) days from graduation and immediately after graduation I do intend to take a leave of absence for travel.

I am going to need to extend this deadline to Thursday for the short term, as I have just been way too busy to let people know where they stand but I do feel I need to notify everyone that this game will be ending in less than 30 days. While generally the theory of the "Never Ending Story" and I suppose from IOT they can in theory go on forever, I can confidently say that Regicide Roulette of v 0.1 will not. While there a variety of reasons for this, I can say the biggest one is that I have had very very few successes, both from the player side and the mod, from bringing back a game from hiatus.

This game ending is a good thing though! Quite frankly, I was incredibly worried about uprooting my entire gaming and rp'ing life from NES to IOT, and was concerned about numerous issues (quality, getting along with players, what kind of games, ect.) and I can confidently say that all of them have been resolved, in no small part from this game. I thank you all for being tremendous sports about it, and I also must thank you for playtesting Regicide Roulette for me, as this has provided some excellent lessons for any future game I create.

For now, the game will continue, but I need to give fair warning that the end date is coming. I will likely have whoever has the highest prestige be declared the winner barring any unforseen developments. I will also note that though my graduation is in 32 days, the maximum the NESIOT will run for is 31 days, if not earlier due to things such as finals. I know that this is a sub-optimal condition to play in, but if you guys are willing to keep playing the game, I'm willing to keep writing updates!

So for now, keep calm and carry on, or if you prefer, panic in the streets. In the immediate term, nothing is changing but I feel the need to formally acknowledge what has been floating around. I will continue updating as long as orders are coming in, and I will at the very least try to give a 2 update warning before the game is ending.

Best,

Nuka

Since it has also been brought up to me; I am not quitting IOT! I am simply graduating college, and then taking a bit of a trip abroad, and I can guarantee that for at least three weeks, I will have little to no time in IOTing. However, I do intend to continue making and playing IOTs and we may one day see a greatly enhanced game of regicide :)

Top Bottom