number of people playing civ?

slo

Warlord
So any of you computer gurus able to see how many people played the new patch yesterday vs the amount of people that played the humankind pen dev?

Would be interesting to see how they compare.

slo

I don't know where to get HK OpenDev info.

Is the OpenDev actually open? I thought it was limited.

Edit: edited for better graphic. You'll notice player count has been consistent over the week and the update didn't cause a large influx. That's not a bad thing, however. NFP has managed to keep players more consistently engaged, so we don't see the same kind of peaks as before (though that may be a consequence of home confinement as well).
---

Edit 2: No player count, but interest is much higher for Humankind. That sounds perfectly normal to me seeing it's a new game (e.g. consider interest in Valorant pre-release).

Last edited:
Interested to play humankind. And preordered on day one. But knowing how life cycles develop for pc strategy games. I don’t expect humankind to replace civ 6 for me personally in its first 2 years. Civ 6 is very playable, fun and near complete. For what i expect from a civilization game. Even with a near perfect launch for a game like crusader kings 3 from paradox. I’ll rather just wait 6-12 months. Till the first big expansion or multiple updates before stepping in. I don’t expect humankind to equal civ 6 at launch by quite a lot.

lets face it, it all comes down to the AI...if the AI is good, then humankind will be a massive success...if the AI is weak then we will stick with civ......

lets face it, it all comes down to the AI...if the AI is good, then humankind will be a massive success...if the AI is weak then we will stick with civ......

Well, I just hope that the AI is better than it was in previous Amplitude games. It was really bad in those games.

Expect HK to have a decent AI as it's a focus of devs. We'll see what it's like in OPenDev.

I don’t think this single-minded obsession with AI as the end-all, be-all for these games will bear out as representative of the larger consumer population.

I also don’t think Humankind will have good AI anyway. As Kwani said, prior Amplitude games haven’t had good AI, and in the latest opendev, it is extremely easy to utterly snowball and dominate all the AI.

Top Bottom