Resource icon

OBSOLETE: Civ 6 Mod Manager (Experimental) 0.7

PlotinusRedux

Warlord
PlotinusRedux submitted a new resource:

Civ 6 Mod Manager (Experimental) - Windows App to create Mod Sets automatically resolving mod incompatibilities, etc.

Civ 6 Mod Manager v0.1 Experimental
===================================

Overview
--------

This is an experimental application to:

- Create "Mod Sets", single mods that merge others mods together to attempt to resolve incompatibilities and provide single-click on and off for groups of mods;
- Provide enabling/disabling of mods in a way that honors the <Blocks> element;
- Allow hiding of mods that have been included in mod sets or that you just don't want to see in game;
- Allow simplified...

Read more about this resource...

I haven't tested the install on another box, so the first person that gets it working (or discovers it not working), please let me know.

Looks great and seems to be very useful, but I can't do any in-depth testing before the weekend, sorry. :o

Mod Managers are always a must have when using a lot of mods, so thanks for making this!

Nice Start.Tired to create a new mod set added 4 mods ...AOK
Tried it with 10 mods....crashed.
did a debug Got This: unhandled Microsoft .netframework exception in mod mgr(5612 Just in time debugger.......

When I download the setup file and click on it, it just disappears and my dialogue box shows shows up saying it can't access the path because it's no longer there. I scanned it with Avast and it says it is fine so I don't know why computer just auto deletes it when I click on it.

Nice Start.Tired to create a new mod set added 4 mods ...AOK
Tried it with 10 mods....crashed.
did a debug Got This: unhandled Microsoft .netframework exception in mod mgr(5612 Just in time debugger.......
Do you remember what the 10 mods were?

When I download the setup file and click on it, it just disappears and my dialogue box shows shows up saying it can't access the path because it's no longer there. I scanned it with Avast and it says it is fine so I don't know why computer just auto deletes it when I click on it.

I'm using the NSIS installer, googling this issue I found a suggestion it could have problems with symbols, etc., in the path. Try copying it to something simple (like "C:\temp") and run it from there. If that fixes it, I may have to drop NSIS, that would be a pretty major bug for an installer.

Another thing to try would be to make sure you're running it with admin rights--i.e., right click on it in Explorer and select "Run as admin".

Last edited:
Hi @PlotinusRedux ,

great idea, thank you very much for this! :thumbsup:
In good old Civ5 I was allways wondering which mods I have chosen with my savegames. I'm playing with lot's of mods active mostly. With your tool it will be easy and just a one-click.

As for testing, DL setup, all worked fine. Program started and I was able to do first ModList (screenshot), which I could find inside game. However not tested yet (12:40am), will do later.

Then I tried to patch another ModList together, but when I hit generate, program collapsed. 2nd list not found in game. (List of 12 included mods added as file.)

Currently I am wondering how to restart your tool? Can't find a shortcut.... Do I have to start setup every time again?

Can't wait to see a stable version!

---

Short update:

Found exe by starting setup again, but would be nice to have shortcut with setup.
After re-start got a popup mentioning the #1 modlist is not compatible with DLC Aztecs.
Filled #2 modlist again btw forget to mention DLC Aztecs active, hit options, where I got an error message. (details added)
Generating #2 modlist collapsed program again.

Attachments

• 201701_C6MM_1.jpg
    201701_C6MM_1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 201701_C6MM_02.txt
    281 bytes · Views: 153
  • 201701_C6MM_03.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
It should be under Start\All Programs\ModManager. If not, you can browse to Program Files\ModManager and create a shortcut to ModManager.exe

Hi @PlotinusRedux ,

great idea, thank you very much for this! :thumbsup:
In good old Civ5 I was allways wondering which mods I have chosen with my savegames. I'm playing with lot's of mods active mostly. With your tool it will be easy and just a one-click.

As for testing, DL setup, all worked fine. Program started and I was able to do first ModList (screenshot), which I could find inside game. However not tested yet (12:40am), will do later.

Then I tried to patch another ModList together, but when I hit generate, program collapsed. 2nd list not found in game. (List of 12 included mods added as file.)

Currently I am wondering how to restart your tool? Can't find a shortcut.... Do I have to start setup every time again?

Can't wait to see a stable version!

---

Short update:

Found exe by starting setup again, but would be nice to have shortcut with setup.
After re-start got a popup mentioning the #1 modlist is not compatible with DLC Aztecs.
Filled #2 modlist again btw forget to mention DLC Aztecs active, hit options, where I got an error message. (details added)
Generating #2 modlist collapsed program again.

I found the modset creation error--"Yet (not) Another Maps Pack.modinfo" references a "Maps/LargestEarth/CityMap.xml" file that doesn't exist. I need to just skip files that don't exist, I guess. For now, just leave YnAMP out of the list. I'll let @Gedemon know he's referencing a file that he didn't include so he can remove it from his .modinfo or add the file if he really meant for it to be there.

The options error is saying the app doesn't have rights to write to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ModManager, which is odd, since the app created it, you'd think it could access it. For now, run ModManager in admin mode. I'll move the settings to a file, I didn't realize they had cracked down so hard on registry permissions.

Last edited:

If you included DLC Aztecs in the first ModList and both were enabled, this is normal--mod sets block the mods included in them so you can't enable both at the same time (since the included mods are already enabled by the mod set). I'm checking for that in ModManager because Firaxis currently ignores the <Blocks> element in-game.

Hello!

I have a similar problem to @papaguss where the mod manager crashes when it is processing and merging the mods after creating a mod set.

These are the mods I have enabled:

And the crash:

If there's any dump file or crash log you need just let me know!

EDIT: I just thought of something after I posted this, the 'Ananse BFG Modpack' functions as a DLC (is put in the DLC folder) if that makes a difference

I've run the mods without mod manager in Civ VI already and for the most part it seems to be totally fine except for the Astrology tech in the tech tree being bugged, the only problem I noticed.

Thanks for any help on this

PlotinusRedux updated Civ 6 Mod Manager (Experimental) with a new update entry:

v0.2 Bugfixes

- Fixed crash on non-existent files in .modinfo (this was the source all of crashes that have been reported);
- Generated XML files now properly declare UTF-8 instead of UTF-16;
- Save settings to .xml file instead of registry;
- Install application creates desktop shortcut;
- Alternate .zip download for anyone having trouble with the installer--just unzip it under Program Files: http://qskoz.com/Civ6/ModManager_v0.2.zip

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you! I appreciate the update.

The crash has been fixed, the application no longer crashes. I do however get this instead:

Any insight into what might cause this? Is there a setting for a node I need to change?

Thanks again

Top Bottom