Office of the Judiciary - Term 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Almightyjosh

(what is a depudy other than an acting leader on standby, don't ask me).

[old man on a porch voice]Don't you remember the Great Deputy Debates you young whipper-snapper? They started over non-existant build queues. And that's why we don't have deputy governors you nincompoop![/old man on a porch voice]

Originally posted by donsig

[old man on a porch voice]Don't you remember the Great Deputy Debates you young whipper-snapper? They started over non-existant build queues. And that's why we don't have deputy governors you nincompoop![/old man on a porch voice]

Try as I might, I have never been able to locate these great 'depudy debates'. Anyway, I'm not after a Depudy Governor, I'm after an Assistant Governor. It's totally different... in law.

And you only need an acceptance poll for him. And of course, he can take other "workload" of you ;-)

I think I am about to loose three graveled friends...

I am going to write my own Provincial Law for Bohemia!!
In it, I am going to specify how and when the powers of the governor can be delegated. I might throw in some other stuff too. This law will not infringe upon national law.

Well, so much for being bored!

(dusts off his copy of the constitution, just in case)

:)

REALITY CHECK
I want to create a province specific rule whereby I allow Mayors to propose a buildqueue to myself and if I do not respond in 36 hours then the Mayor can poll it OFFICIALLY (ie binding). If I am still absent when the poll result is concluded then I want the Mayor to be able to post in the t/c thread. This would only be in effect while there are a small number of cities.

I was always under the impression that any poll posted by any citizen, if done in the correct manner, was binding, with or without the governor's approval. The only change here would be that the mayor would be allowed to post the instructions in the turn chat thread, which isn't that big of a deal.

Originally posted by eyrei

I was always under the impression that any poll posted by any citizen, if done in the correct manner, was binding, with or without the governor's approval. The only change here would be that the mayor would be allowed to post the instructions in the turn chat thread, which isn't that big of a deal.
I recommend a dedicated discussion thread be started for this.

AP&N is available to argue either side. ;)

AJ,

Your own delegation rules will indeed impact the national law if those rules are intended to impact build queues. I advise you to tread carefully there.

Bill

Judge Advocate Notice

Due to a business committment I cannot get out of, I will be out of town and generally out of touch for the next 7 days. Rather than allow my office to fall into decline, I am appointing a Judge Advocate Pro Tem.

In accordance with Code of Laws, Section E, Point 2.b., I hereby appoint donsig as Judge Advocate Pro Tem, for a term of 6 days, or until I return and reclaim my office, beginning immediately.

Bill
Judge Advocate

Now, where's my gavel? There must be some burning judicial issues out there somewhere. What's the fun if I just get to prosecute myself?

Octavian: Why? Please state reasons with rule-quotes. I see no conflict in the proposal. Just using undefined areas.

I do not think provincial law is out of the question but it must surely be subordinate to our constitution, CoL and CoS.

I see two conflicts:

1. Giving mayors authority to set official queues. Mayors are completely unofficial posistions, and as such do not have any sort of authority. Only governors may set queues.

2. Assistant governors are, in essance, deputies, and the CoL speficically states that governors do not have deputies.

Originally posted by Octavian X
I see two conflicts:

1. Giving mayors authority to set official queues. Mayors are completely unofficial posistions, and as such do not have any sort of authority. Only governors may set queues.

2. Assistant governors are, in essance, deputies, and the CoL speficically states that governors do not have deputies.

In response,
1. Mayors no longer have the right to post build ques directly but must go so through the Gov or the Acting Gov in the Provincial Council.

2. Assistant Governors are appointed by the governor and ratified by the people to be acting governor during any absence of the Governor. They may also be assigned roles as an advisor or somesuch. Niether of these roles are in conflict with the National Law. In fact, the Acting Governor is specifically sanctioned by the Law.

@Donsig - Yes, Provincial law is in all ways subordinate to the big C, COL and COS and may not ever conflict. If it does, there is no debate, the National Law has all the trumps and the joker (including the bowers for you 500 players).

I think it is a little foolhardy to call provincial law out of the question on these grounds. At very worst it needs a small re-work in some of the sections. It does not seem that there is any opposition to the consepts themselves, merely the legallity.

I was wondering, in regard to
COS C1
COS C5
Can a Governor use his name change rights to change the name of a city named by another player?

There doesn't seem to be a law against doing so. However it is generally accepted practice that governors only rename foreign cities that are acquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom