Offworld Colonization

Lol, the guy who was making it intended for it to be used with PCTP (version before CCTP). We could perhaps adopt it for a kind of science victory

in CTP colonizing space (and ocean) seemed like an unfinished feature, and the game was usually over by then. but it was a very cool feature that could be expanded upon, and i'd be really impressed if this could be implemented into CCTP.

For the ocean expansion I don't see any way of doing it without the ddl. Space exploration though is very possible to do with what we have got atm. But like you said about the actual ctp game, by the time you can go into space the games usually almost over, this is probably still the biggest obstacle.

Another possibility would be to use a different modpack for colonization of the new world. To do this, you could somehow pass the current data at the time of space travel so that serve as parameters to generate the situation of different civilizations in the New World. For example, civilizations were not the pioneers would take x turns to get based on the time that they needed to start the trip.

For the ocean expansion I don't see any way of doing it without the ddl. Space exploration though is very possible to do with what we have got atm. But like you said about the actual ctp game, by the time you can go into space the games usually almost over, this is probably still the biggest obstacle.

I managed to build a city in the ocean using Ingame Editor. And yes, I saved and reloaded.

As for going into space, Warp Field Theory should be in its current place (in light of recent research presented at the 100 Year Starship Symposium showing it to be more possible than previously thought) but other techs and social policies, representing the agricultural, scientific, engineering, and governance challenges that would come with colonization of the Solar System and beyond, should be required in order to create stable offworld colonies. Offworld colonization should come in stages, first to Near-Earth asteroids, then to other planets within our Solar System, then throughout the galaxy and perhaps even to worlds owned by other intelligent life. This may require an entirely different set of victories, and would set the game apart into three rather than two stages - the era where you build up your civilization, the era where someone aims for an early victory (Digital), and an era of late victory (post-Information).

You can just follow the regular procedure of building a city. Just plant it in the ocean/coast, save, reload with IGE, and check the tooltip to confirm that it is on the coast.

It would require a lot of Lua work to prevent the AI from spamming cities that way, however.

With the announcement of dll access we should be able to do proper underwater cities :D.

Yes, and we probably won't have v4 or v5 (whenever we choose to add underwater cities and offworld colonies) until DLL release. We should just wait and focus on patching up issues in the mod and fixing the existing broken text rather than trying half-baked approaches to what we ultimately plan for the mod.

Upon DLL release, not only should we fix tech-cost issues, but we should also make truly huge maps and new maps for offworld bodies.

Top Bottom