Oh sweet! Liberation!

vorius

Warlord
I must have been living under a rock because I had no idea you can liberate cities taken by the enemy!

Here's a screen shot of it in action, for anyone else living under the same rock!

Too bad the AI doesn't do the same. One of my cities got sacked by barbarians and then Roosevelt jacked it one turn before my army showed up.

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! They actually LISTENED TO ME!!!! How could they put this in and NOT MENTION IT!!!! This is utterly brilliant. I do hope that your experience, Pyrion, is the exception rather than the rule, because this feature would be even BETTER if the AI uses it. Perhaps they only consider doing it if you are on VERY good terms with one another!!!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Couldn't you do this in Alpha Centauri? Or at least if your pact brothers captured a city of yours that was captured by an enemy they'd return it to you I remember. I doubt the AI in this will liberate your cities.

Now the only question is why you'd actually care enough to give it back to somebody else. With a little bit of work, the city becomes profitable over its maintainance cost. Give it away, after all that work ... why?

So you - teal (Persia?) - captured the city from the green player, and the option was to give it back to the original owner (purple/Rome)?

That's awesome.

EDIT: Though I assume you and the Romans were in an alliance of some kind?

I think that if you had a combination of the maintainance malus and a sufficient diplomatic bonus for liberating a city, then it would be more than worth the while of an AI or player to liberate cities. Just to have the choice to do it, though, is really cool!!!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

dh_epic said:
Now the only question is why you'd actually care enough to give it back to somebody else. With a little bit of work, the city becomes profitable over its maintainance cost. Give it away, after all that work ... why?
Multiplayer.

Top Bottom