Old Latest Version Thread

Yes, I think there should be a BUG Mod directory in the BTS folder if it's installed that way, just like in config 5. I don't see a need for it within the "BUG Mod" when installed in the Mods directory though... bug mod/bug mod doesn't work for me.:p The installer isn't going to be a problem configuring, but the .zip file. That will remove all these problems with trying to package it, but still maintaining a folder that has our own information self-contained.

I don't think I get what yer talking about Alerum...
if the zip file has a base folder of "Bug Mod/" and the zip file is unpacked, then it creates "Bug Mod/" there is no Bug Mod/Bug Mod/
And if you are manually installing it as NOT a mod, then you will just copy the contents of Bug Mod into Custom Assets, and have the Bug Mod.ini in "Beyond the Sword" above the Custom Assets dir.

I'm talking about installing it into the Mods directory.

So it will install this way:

My Docs/BTS/Mods/BUG Mod

then we'll have our support files in another directory called BUG Mod

so it will come out My Docs/BTS/Mods/BUG Mod/BUG Mod

I want it so when it's installed in the Mods folder it only looks in BUG Mod, not BUG Mod/BUG Mod

anyway this has gone way off topic. (bumps it over to the Development Thread.)

I want it so when it's installed in the Mods folder it only looks in BUG Mod, not BUG Mod/BUG Mod

Yeah, I get it. No problem. So the only change from the tree I showed is that configs 3 and 5 will be in a "BUG Mod" subdirectory at their current locations.

For the .zip, just package it as a mod and make them move files around if they want it in CustomAssets.

Code:
Mods\
  BUG Mod\  <-- .zip root, so first file is "BUG Mod\BUG Mod.ini"
    BUG Mod.ini
    CustomDomAdv\
      CustomDomAdv.txt
    Adv Unit Naming.ini
    BUG Mod Help.chm
    Assets\
Instructions to install as CustomAssets:

1. Unzip.
  2. Rename "Assets" to "CustomAssets"
  3. Move "CustomAssets" into the "Beyond the Sword" directory, overwriting all files.
  4. Move "BUG Mod" directory to the "Beyond the Sword" directory.
The BtS directory mentioned above is the one in your "My Documents\My Games" directory.

We could even create "Install to CustomAssets.bat" that will do the above.

No .bat file. If people like the "ease" of .rar then let them have it, untainted.:p As long as there it reads from My Docs/My Games/Beyond the Sword/BUG Mod, then that is what people will get. If they want to have different configs, then we're going to have to assume they're tech-savvy enough to figure it out themselves.

The SVN is somewhat of a testing ground for our new code. You'll have to do alot of moving of things around and renaming.

You may want to run the installer we have at our website The BUG Project website. We should be coming out with a full release sometime in the next 24 hours or so, having everything on the SVN. Until then, this is probably the easiest way to get it to work.

BUG Version 2.30 released. Please uninstall all previous versions before installing 2.30.

ChangeLog:

Added Mods:

Spoiler :
BUG's Military Advisor

Full Plot List Enhancment

Changes:

Spoiler :
Moved GreatGeneral Bar and GreatPerson Bar on Main Screen on the same line as the Research Bar, on Wide Screens.

BUG Options translated into Italian, German, and French.

Glance and Info pages in Foriegn Advisor show full details in hover for leaderheads.

All BUG Mod support files now contained within My Docs/My Games/Beyond the Sword/BUG Mod directory. This corrects issues with CivGold and CivComplete, as well as cleaned up the BTS directory.

Trade now shown in 2 sections, with 3 columns each: Total Profit and Number of Routes, with All, Domestic, and Foreign routes.

BUG Help File now accessable through Bug Options screen, and with the HotKey Shift + F1.

Worst Enemy Icon added to ScoreBoard

Tech Trade alerts now say which tech each AI will and will not trade.

Added SevoPedia addition for Favorite Civic.

Bug Fixes:

Spoiler :
Fixed route "base profit" display bug.

Added labels for the Espionage section of the Advisors Option Tab.

Fixed bug when displaying Great Person info for a city with a zero GP rate, but points for multiple GP types.

Fixed several tags in XML files.

Fixed SevoPedia bug not showing railroad bonus for Mine, Lumbermill, Quarry.

BUG Version 2.30 released. Please uninstall all previous versions before installing 2.30.

Is it savegame compatible or do you have to start a new game to benefit from the added functions of the update of this great mod?

All BUG Mod support files now contained within My Docs/My Games/Beyond the Sword/BUG Mod directory. This corrects issues with CivGold and CivComplete, as well as cleaned up the BTS directory.

If you install it in ...\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUG Mod will that cause problems? I've always installed it as a mod in that location.

Thanks and good job for the team. :goodjob:

Is it savegame compatible or do you have to start a new game to benefit from the added functions of the update of this great mod?

Yes, it is compatible. We will make it very clear, including bumping up the major version number, if we ever make a change that breaks saved game compatibility.

If you install it in ...\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUG Mod will that cause problems? I've always installed it as a mod in that location.

That is indeed one of the options when using the installer. You are free to use the manual install to put it there as well.

Did we update the revision number? Is BUG MA optional? Guess I can d/l and see.

If I may ask a question: Why did you release that version?
The PLE is not even fully merged into BUG. There are no pop-ups for the PLE icons that explain what they are for. Some of its options are in the "general" tab while the rest of 'em are in "plot list" tab. Furthermore the "plot list" tab doesn't have any translated descriptions or option names. It doesn't even have proper English descriptions. :dunno:
This release really does not reflect the quality of the BUG coders. I know, you can do better...

Doc, the PLE doesn't have hover text coded into it. Thanks for the kind words though.:) If you want to, go ahead and edit the PLE Options yourself.

Might be a dumb question, but does that mean that if I downloaded the BAT mod, it includes BUG 2.3? Or do I need to wait for the re-release of BAT?

I am sure you developers already knew this. but I (and many other new players) probably do not

If you upgrade your BUG MOd patch from 2.20 to 2.30 this will 'break' the lock modified assets rule and will render your BUG MOD v2.20 saves unplayable.

So all you need to do is revert back to 2.20 and finish your game with the old version.

It would be nice for the BUG MOd downloads page to mention this, as not all users are CIV veterans.

Or is there a way to play your 2.20 games with the 2.30 mod if they have been locked? :confused:

I am going to request to change the name of this thread, and restart a new one for Latest Version announcments. There is a General Question thread. PLEASE use that for questions such as these.

LZ - No, the BAT Mod does not contain BUG, but you can rename the CustomAssets folder to Assets, and copy that over your Assets folder in BAT. If you put the new "BUG Mod" in the Root BTS folder, this will allow you use your settings between BAT and BUG. Just make sure to delete the old support files. This is everything in the directory BAT Mod besides the Assets folder, Help file, and BAT Mod.ini. Also rename The BAT Mod Help.chm to BAT Mod Help.chm to make sure the help file will work from the Options screen. I'm debating on how to release BAT right now, but will have a plan of action fairly soon.

GooglyBoogly - That's not something related to BUG, that's just how Civ works. If you change even one letter inside of any fille in Assets or CustomAssets, it will prevent a save working. I wish I had another solution for you, but any games that were locked, will have to be played out with 2.20. Unlocked games will work fine.

If you upgrade your BUG MOd patch from 2.20 to 2.30 this will 'break' the lock modified assets rule and will render your BUG MOD v2.20 saves unplayable.
This is correct. Further, if you play with BUG in customassets and check 'locked assets', then Civ4 will not load anything from customassets (ie no BUG).

Top Bottom