[BNW] One City Challenge (OCC) Is domination victory possible?

zxcvbob

Emperor
I may answer my own question eventually with my current game, but since I've already won a diplomatic victory and 'just one more turn...'d, I don't know. In BNW can you get a domination victory by destroying all the other capitals? Is taking the just capitals enough, or do you have to take every single enemy city so you're the only player left?

I only have 2 AI's left in my current game. The victory progress screen says something like "Indonesia has not yet made a capital" for the AI's that I've killed.

Razing the capitals is enough to trigger a DomV. There's a bug with OCC domination though, the AIs can actually resettle their capitals and in that case you have to raze them again. Eliminating the AIs is overkill, but it could also save you from the headache of sending an army back to deal with a resettled capital. Plus an empty mini-map with just one city looks funny.

I would love to see some discussion about Deity OCC DomVC. It seems to me that because happiness is not an issue, it might actually be easier!

I would love to see some discussion about Deity OCC DomVC. It seems to me that because happiness is not an issue, it might actually be easier!

It the current GOTM, I "just one more turn"d and killed everybody. I did get the domination victory screen after I captured Warsaw (Poland had one other city left, I should keep going and killed that one too) You also don't have to worry about the AI recapturing their city, you just have to worry about the unit that took the city getting killed on the next turn (which would have happened anyway if they recapture the city.

I really wish OCC gave you the option of either liberating a city or insta-razing it, but it is what it is :)

Yes @zxcvbob, it is the current GotM that reminded me how much fun Dom is with OCC. But that game is prince, and so does not really inform Deity play.

@beetle, where did you settle in the current GOTM? (I wish they'd get the post-game thread up) I think the awesome starting location was a trap. After moving my warrior north to the copper, I saw the coast and that was a decent location too (didn't know about the horses yet) and I moved my settler there. Built the Great Lighthouse and sent a trireme out exploring the world. The southern coast might have been even better but it wasn't visible right away.

It's pretty fun, but there are some significant disadvantages to it. You get only one spot on the map to get new units or upgrade veteran ones, you can hit the supply limit pretty easily with just one city, you don't get to keep the best AI cities, you can't ever citadel-bomb anyone, you don't get as many strategics and rely on trading or CSs to get them. And then the AI can resettle their "original" capital due to a bug.

Top Bottom